Join now - be part of our community!

Bracket fitment of W829

SOLVED
casella25
Explorer

Bracket fitment of W829

Currently waiting on my KDL50W829B being delivered, it is ab upgrade from my 50" LG Plasma.

Having a problem with fitment on my current tv stand though as judging by the pictures of rear of sony tv it is completely different. At the moment i have two bars screwed in either side of the lg tv and then it hooks in on a swivel stand. does anyone have any idea if there are any brackets i can get to fit the new sony tv on the stand i have included a pic below to show how it is currently set up.

Really dont want it on the standard stand on the unit as there wont be a big enough gap to put the surround sound centre speaker and also the tv wouldnt swivel.  

Any help would be appreciated.

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/callum929/photo-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my understanding the W829 model includes a stand that is reversable to wall mount, however the TV is not VESA compatible.  However there may be a bracket that can be added to make it so, and hence mountable on your stand.  I advise you to call Sony Support and enquire about a bracket for the W829 for mounting on a VESA stand.

For contact details, see : HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From my understanding the W829 model includes a stand that is reversable to wall mount, however the TV is not VESA compatible.  However there may be a bracket that can be added to make it so, and hence mountable on your stand.  I advise you to call Sony Support and enquire about a bracket for the W829 for mounting on a VESA stand.

For contact details, see : HERE

Cheers

casella25
Explorer

Hi thank your for your advice I have emailed sony so hopefully they will have something g suitable. I wasn't sure if my stand was a VESA fitment because are all VESA fits not square whereas it looks like the bracket on mine if more of a rectangle