Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 503 still not working with latest update ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
robert6to
Visitor

Bravia 503 still not working with latest update ?

My Bravia TV 503 is still not connecting to BBCi Player with latest software update. Anyone else having same problem.

17 REPLIES 17
Catmambo
Contributor

robert6to
Visitor

I have ordered accelerator from BT as it seems a good idea.I have not heard of these before. It is worth a try anyway. Thank you for the suggestion. 

Catmambo
Contributor

Good job - the science behind it is solid, its not a daft software accelerator programme that promises much but delivers little. if anyone is interested in the details, you can read more here. http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/broadbandspeed.html

Indeed bang for buck, its has the potential to be a very cheap home upgrade :slight_smile:

Do post back with your before and after speeds.

Thanks

robert6to
Visitor

Well, accelerator delivered today and installed. Speed before installation:780/818kbps. Immediately afterwards 1470kbps and later this evening 1376kbps, so definite improvement. The bad news is I still cannot connect to TV. Used Sony dongle and the extension they give and router is in same room.  I will leave it on standby overnight just to check. So might have to go down the homeplugs route.   Strange really as when the TV engineer came initially as TV did not have the up to date software, he plugged into back of TV with his software and it picked up signal straight away, even though it kept cutting out.    My software shows up to date software now i.e.PKG4.085. Thanks.

Catmambo
Contributor

Great your broadband has sped up - naturally will benefit all your connections!

Maybe just a wi-fi deadspot in the house, a colleague had a similar issue, so maybe return the dongle and go for homeplugs.

I use these ones - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comtrend-Powerline-ethernet-adapter-Filter/dp/B001M06Y0M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&... which I have found very good. Nice feature is you don't loose a power socket either.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
julianbailey66
Explorer

There seems to be quite a lot of people having this problem (Including me)

I think it is someting to do with the update, I could access internet TV before the update but have not beeen able to access it since !!!!

Cheers

robert6to
Visitor

Good news and bad!    Bought homeplugs and connected one near computer and one next to TV and connected to router and TV via cable from plugs.   It connected the wifi connection and acknowledged on screen but then asked for USB dongle, so good job I had not returned it.    The only thing is that signal dropped to 387kbps for some reason, so not enough to play anything.   I will check signal a few times over next 24hrs.   It is so frustrating.   Obviously the signal is still not enough from o2. ?     Thanks anyway. 

robert6to
Visitor

Eduzzel, fitted homeplugs and they allow the connection to TV OK.   TV then requested USB connection,so had to plug in USB dongle.  Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that my internet signal through o2 is not good enough for Catch Up TV on Bravia.   I accessed it, but it keeps cutting out and is so slow it is not worth viewing.   Speeds have dropped to 500kbps and when I disconnected the homeplugs the speeds were still low today.  So I am disappointed.  It is just the fact we are too far away from telephone exchange, so will have to change ISP to get any result.   Thank you for all your help and suggestions.