Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KDL-42W815B 3D?

BRAVIA KDL-42W815B 3D?

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help regarding the above Bravia model that I recently purchased.

I have very little technical knowledge, I've just always bought Sony Bravia sets in the past because they've always served me well.

Upon getting this set home and unpacking the contents, I came across two pairs of 3D glasses as part of the kit, but I have no idea how to find any 3D channels, or even if this model has that facility. I watch channels through a Sky box, and even on their '3D & HD' channel section, there's nothing I can watch.

Am I missing something/not doing something, or is it simply a case that the glasses that came with the TV are just part of a generic accessories pack that would only be applicable to a higher-spec model?

Any help would be greatly received!

Many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can confirm that your TV is 3D (Passive) - you will need the glasses if your watching something specific in 3D.  Not having Sky though, I believe you need to purchase their specific 3D package to access the 3D channels that Sky provides.  Terrestrial TV (ie BBC) no longer broadcasts 3D. 

Other than Sky, your other option to view 3D content, is to purchase a 3D capable bluray player and bluray movies that are 3D labeled.

Sony does not provide 3D glasses in a box for no reason :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just to verify what your 3D TV can do you may have a look at youtube (if you are connected to internet) and look for yt3d...