Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV not playing movies from USB flash drive

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DollFin
Explorer

Bravia TV not playing movies from USB flash drive

Hi everyone. I downloaded a movie to my PC, where I started to play it in order to check that it was ok, which it was.
I then copied it from PC to 32 GB USB flash drive/ memory stick. Again,It worked when I started to play it on the PC. I then plugged the flash drive into the USB port on my Sony Bravia KDL32EX503 TV.
A message appeared on the screen to say that the flash drive had been inserted, but nothing happened after that.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Sailfish014 it's completely normal that no drive will be shown in the input of the TV, it is the way Android TV is designed. You have to select the app related to the content you want to watch (Video, Album or Music).

If you run the Video app for watching movie it take some times to categorize the content of your hard drive, but there you should see the content and you can have a look of the folders selecting the "Folder" option in the menu of the app on the left (even if it is not exactly the hierarchy you have on the HDD). Or you may want to use a different playr like Kodi or VLC or Archos

Hi. Same problem here with 49XD8305. I plug in my memory drive and nothing pops up. Trying to go "longer" way - throu the Folders and nothing again.

I have 3 memory sticks:

32GB NTFS - yesterday i was able to watch 2 movies but later on didint even seen the flash drive.
32GB FAT32 - memory stick light is flashing and that everything - no reading at all.

64GB exFAT - same as above.

On the NTFS format stick movies was in .mkv format when i was able to watch it.

Is the any way that i can solve my problem or should i change my TV? Cos i need my USB ports.

Thanks for quick answer.

Btw. sorry for my english.

luyimbaazi
Explorer

Hi when I put flash player in my bravia TV always says there is no item to display

Please help me

Farfalla55
Explorer

la tele ne detecte pas la clé USB il est donc impossible d'enregistrer ce qui est dommage pour une télé neuve

que puis je faire . merci

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Farfalla55

English please.  Or post on the dedicated french forums: https://community.sony.fr/t5/communaute-francaise/ct-p/fr

Unfortunately you have not provided much details to help you - model of TV would certainly help.  Have you registered the USB drive to the TV - this is a must before you can record.

Cheers

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. I happen to have made it work some how
by trying to unplug and replug the USB drive several times. Could be just
not fit snuggly.

Thank you though, it works now.

Best regards,

Kenneth
profile.country.BG.title
nikiboy1980
Explorer

Hello. I have a decision for this problem. Try download ES File Explorer from Google play. Instal it.  Insert USB Flash drive and start ES File Explorer. Navigate to memory of this external flash drive and there you can see files of movies that you are downloaded. Start one (mkv format) and selet your favorite video player ftom list. I recomend MX Player or VLC (if you have instaled). Integrated video player also run mkv, but have no subtitles of movie if you want to add separately. In my case mkv format work perfect from USB memory stick (16 GB Silicone Power).  I am not sure for diferent model of Sony bravia TV support file extension via USB Flash Drive. My model of TV is Sony Bravia KDL-55W807C.