Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV's and the Seagate Central

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Bravia TV's and the Seagate Central

Hi, I'm not sure what is going on here. I have just today purchased a Seagate Central network storage device. The idea is that I store all my Music, Photos and films in one place on the network and so make all the files available to all devices on the network. I have switched on the Seagate DLNA, and on my PC sure enough it shows up as a SCSS DLNA Server. Now the tricky bit, I can see the Seagate using XBMC running on my PC, I can see the Seagate on my Sony Xpedia Z no problem and I can play mp4 movies. I can see the seagate on my KDL-46W905A in the living room and I can see the seagate on my KDL-40EX724 in the bedroom and again can play movies, but my KDL-32HX753 just doesn't want to know and will not detect the seagate on the network at all. I also have a KDL-24W605A and it is the same - no detection of the seagate on the network.

This device, if you read the marketing blurb, is a media server and should be visible to any DLNA device on the network. Strange that two of my TV's work and the other two dont.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a fix/solution or an explanation please.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ok, so we know the NAS drive works, and we know the settings on the NAS are OK, because other TVs can connect to it.  Therefore its the settings on the problem TVs themselves.

First thing to do, is check through the DLNA settings on the TV.  See instructions : HERE - both TVs have roughtly the same settings.

Also, CLEAR or DELETE the all the DLNA servers on the TV, and power-cycle the TV.  Last time i looked into this, I think there was a limit on the amount of DLNA servers that the TV can "see".  If you have devices that use DHCP instead of fixed IP addresses, this could be a reason why its being 'blocked' ?

Hope this assists

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Update: I think I have found the problem! On the Bravia KDL-32HX753 I went into the Network >> Home Network >> Server Display Settings and it showed the Seagate but greyed out. With a message that you are only allowed 8 servers active. So I deactivated a couple that I am not using any longer and up it came. I can now see the Seagate drive and all the films/Music and photos. Will try this with the little 24W605A but I believe this will solve the problem. A further question however, How do you delete all the servers that you dont use any more.?

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ok, so we know the NAS drive works, and we know the settings on the NAS are OK, because other TVs can connect to it.  Therefore its the settings on the problem TVs themselves.

First thing to do, is check through the DLNA settings on the TV.  See instructions : HERE - both TVs have roughtly the same settings.

Also, CLEAR or DELETE the all the DLNA servers on the TV, and power-cycle the TV.  Last time i looked into this, I think there was a limit on the amount of DLNA servers that the TV can "see".  If you have devices that use DHCP instead of fixed IP addresses, this could be a reason why its being 'blocked' ?

Hope this assists

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done !

Beat me too it (note to self, must type quicker :grin: )  I believe if you press the options button on the remote, there will be an option to "Delete"

profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for the solution. It worked on both TV's. Yes! I had numerious DNLA servers listed and all saying YES on the list. Just turned off those not needed and of it went, all good. I'll have a look for the delete button and try and clean the list.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to you and all the others that post on the community site. It's good to have a backup of people willing to help when you think you've hit a brick wall.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome - we try our best :grin: