Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Update PKG4.101EUA

CaptainRizla
Explorer

Bravia Update PKG4.101EUA

This update downloaded today. Is there any information as to what has changed?

6 REPLIES 6
richamondouk
Explorer

This may be the Update that has broken my KDL-42W805 i just created a thread of the issue i am having now with this, wish i would have never chose yes to update.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it take Sony a week or two to update the Support pages in order to know what has changed.

Cheers

I had to update to be able to use Netflix, and I can confirm it has a new look.

CaptainRizla
Explorer

Noticed this too and found that pressing the info button causes a bug. All of the information doesn't disappear when pressing the info button a second time.

On a brighter note it seems that the HD recorded playback from USB has stopped displaying the subtitle message on switch between 1080i and 1080p. I could have just been lucky while I tested.

VictorRomeo
Explorer

But it appears to have lost the SuperHD badge for content.... Need to test a bit further but my other devices including a BDP790 display the SuperHD badge for the same content.

rafaelr
Explorer

i got the pkg4.101eua update a few days ago and i´m having issues since then:
the sound with a connected audio system (onky 609) doesn´t work when the tv is turned on the first time. i have to turn it off and back on again to get any sound. simply switching the tv back to tv speakers and then back to audio system doesn´t help.
weird thing is, that the ARC controls work fine, because the TV turns the AVR on/off and puts it on the correct mode("TV/CD").