Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A USB recordings show "subtitle off" on screen randomly

tinewnh64

KDL-47W805A USB recordings show "subtitle off" on screen randomly

KDL-47W805A USB recordings show "subtitle off" on screen message randomly. Very annoying. i+ button does not stop it appearing! Help!
50 REPLIES 50
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi.

You have to try with the “Subtitle Settings” button (upper-left the second one) http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13MW802111/EN/c_dispsnd_europe_ga_sub.html

But I think the solution is in Option Menu (OPTION button). When in USB playback, set Subtitle “OFF”.

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
tinewnh64

Thank you for your reply. I have tried your suggestions but it has not controlled the random appearance of the subtitles:off on screen message. A USB stick shows the message less than a HDD. As the recording is paused and restarted, the message also appears. No menu changes seem to stop it.
tinewnh64

Update. Recorded programmes seem to be ok. TV pause playback causes constant subtitle:off screen messages.
macklij
Explorer

I have just bought a KDL-32W654A and put a Western Digital Elements 500Gb HDD in the USB port. It passed all the recording tests, but the TV exhibiting exactly the same 'Subtitle: Off' behaviour you mention. Really annoying.

I can see this telly going back 😞

tinewnh64

Anyone else experiencing this?
tinewnh64

Recordings are showing the problem gain!
mikie1
Explorer

Same here

KDL-55w805

PKG3.710EUA

Western Digital MyPassport 1TB

much worse on a programme from Channel4HD (Double your house for half the money)

- it appears every minute or so randomly even during the adverts

not nearly as bad on a programme from STVHD (Vera)

quite painful

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there tinewnh64 and mikie1,

There have been some issues with some TVs. Please could you take a look at this TV update from Emily_F yesterday, to see if you think you have a similar issue?

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

macklij
Explorer

Thanks for this. I will give it a try over the next couple of days and see if the 'subtitle: off' problem has resloved on my w654.