Join now - be part of our community!

Can see video and pictures but not music

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sreavley
Visitor

Can see video and pictures but not music

HI I have bought a new sony smart tv. I Have networked it and enabled  sharing of music video and pictures. My Laptop name comes up under video  and pictures and i can  play/see them ( Even the videos in my music  folder) I cannot see my music folder though.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

most Sony Blu Ray players are wireless, some with built in and others requiring a dongle and will connect wirelessly to your router, check the Sony site for ones available now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

as answered in a similar post on here try using Serviio as your DLNA client, the video links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwtBQJadBL8

sreavley
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for this. Serviio works fine. Odd though as i can now see my music folder through media player but it still wont show the music...

Dont suppose you know if a sony blue ray player can access the internet via a hdmi ethernet cable plugged between the blu ray and tv.....( I am running short on ethernet ports on my router.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

most Sony Blu Ray players are wireless, some with built in and others requiring a dongle and will connect wirelessly to your router, check the Sony site for ones available now.