Join now - be part of our community!

Can't login on Skype in Sony TV

SOLVED
profile.country.cs_CZ.title
miguel.amavel
Visitor

Can't login on Skype in Sony TV

Hello,

I have a KDL-40HX720, together with a CMU-BR100 camera for skype. the TV is connected via an ethernet cable to the router.

I've tried unsuccessfully to login with two separate skype accounts, but after a long time on the "signing up..." screen, the tv goes right back to the Home menu. There is in fact a message appearing but for probably around 0.1 seconds, which I'm unable to read. The only word I could recognize was "Internet".

However, the error is not because of a possible lack of connectivity, since all other applications work - from widgets to file sharing in the home network. Therefore, I can't conclude it's because of the connectivity or incompatibility with the router (from Cisco if it helps).

The camera is well connected since when I disconnect it, the application does not even launch.

I also tried to do a Factory reset and also choose a different country on the beginning of the application - Czech Republic and US, which did not work.

Furthermore, the same behavior appears when I try to login using even a wrong password.

Couldn't find a similar problem/discussion here or on any other forum.

Thank you for your help

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi miguel.amavel,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Does the solution posted on by unhappyandy on the bottom of page 5  HERE help..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi miguel.amavel,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Does the solution posted on by unhappyandy on the bottom of page 5  HERE help..

profile.country.IE.title
Johanahmed27
New

I am facing similar problem. Have you got a solution for it?

Anonymous
Not applicable