Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot play videos from my sony ipod dock through my Iphone onto my bravia TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
whupro
Visitor

Cannot play videos from my sony ipod dock through my Iphone onto my bravia TV

HI

I have a sony bravia smart TV (KDL46ex524bu) and a sony bravia home cinema blu-ray player with ipod dock (BDV-E280)

I can play my music through my Iphone fine.....  but when I try play my videos through the TV from my Iphone I can only hear the sound and not see a picture.

The below error msg appears

"playback has started please change the TV input to the video input that connects the 'Dock for ipod/iphone' and enjoy your viewing. After playback is finished, return to the original TV input"

the ipod dock is currently connected by a USB cable to the Blu ray player, and then HDMI from blu ray to TV. The dock also came with a video cable but my TV have no Video in/out port so I dont have much use for this. I've tried plugging it into various other ports in the back of my TV eg. PC in port with no success.  I've even tried connecting the video cord from the dock to the Video out port in the back of the blu-ray player. I also tried a scart lead adapter for the back of the TV and plugged the video cord into that with no success.

Please Help

thanks

Lee

Message was edited by: whupro

Message was edited by: whupro

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
65hx923_cust11
New

Hi Lee,

I am sure you TV has video input, HDMI, SCART, composite, component. Just check if there is a converter from the connection in the dock to one of these ones. This cable will be for using your iphone as the video player if it has video output. If you use you blu-ray as the media player the TV should be in the input of the Blu-Ray player and you need to check that the video is in a format that is supported by the BR player.

For what you describe might be that the BR player is able to read the audio but not the video. In other words the BR has the audio codec but not the video.

Hope this help

profile.country.ro_RO.title
bobo1995
Visitor

Have you solved the problem, because I have the same on and I don't know what to do ?

Thanks, Bogdan

profile.country.en_GB.title
whupro
Visitor

UnFortunately not.  Tried a scart lead converter to video input, but same problem, couldn't find a "y pr cr pb cb" composite converter.  Maybe Sony have blocked it but seems a real shame.  The only other option I guess is to buy a cable that links your iPhone/iPod directly to the TV. I did try call Sony help centre but they don't seem to understand.  Good luck and let me know any suggestions.

Lee