Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-32 EX723: dark menu and end titles when screen goes black in 'Vivid' picture mode?

profile.country.IE.title
andy_from_sligo
Explorer

Sony KDL-32 EX723: dark menu and end titles when screen goes black in 'Vivid' picture mode?

I have found the best picture mode for my Sony KDL-32 EX723 is 'Vivid' picture mode, Light sensor Off, Energy Saving Off, Backight 8, Contrast Max, Brightness 48, Colour 65, Colour Temp Neutral, Sharpness 80, Noise reduction High, Mpeg noise Reduction Auto, Dot Noise Reduction Auto, Motionflow smooth, film mode Auto 2, Advanced settings Not Available greyed out, Scene: General.

The problem is not a fault i am pretty sure, but I have this annoying thing that when the screen goes black with white titles on it (say like with end titles of programmes) te whole screen goes dark, and if I select the menus of the TV they are dark too if the screen is black, hard to explain properly but if your watching a programme and it fades to black then the circuity of the TV darkens everything else on screen and i find  annoying. I am almost sure its some setting inthe 'advanced settings' in the picture menu that needs adjusting or turning off maybe something like auto contrast or something, but when in 'vivid' picture mode annoyinly the advanced settings are greyed out and you cannot adjust anything in that menu.

Anyone know of a workaround to get vivid picture settings but also allow me to change settings in the advanced settings so that even when the screen goes black it doesnt darken things like the TV menus and titles/credits of programmes?

Thanks,

Andy.

0 REPLIES 0