Connect Bravia TV to Wireless Livebox

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
crazyhorse66
Visitor

Connect Bravia TV to Wireless Livebox

Hi

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I am trying to set up wireless connection on my bravia using the dongle UWA-BR100

When I do a scan I see my connection

I have tried with WPA settings no joy.

I tried with WEP as this is the setting which connects fine to my laptop.

However this comes up with 'The number of characters is invalid' even though I have entered correctly and with 26 characters.

UPDATE:

I changed the wireless to No Security and got a connection but obviously not ideal so my query still stands - many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
robrovski
New

Hi, I had the same problem with Orange Livebox. The Bravia would scan and find the Livebox but when I entered the WEP code it just returned to the same menu. I turned off security settings on the Livebox and the Bravia connected straight away, but not good with no security. I then reset the Livebox security and entered the WEP code in the Bravia's "MANUAL" settings it then connected with no problems. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Are you able to connect without any security in place?

Thanks

robrovski
New

Hi, I had the same problem with Orange Livebox. The Bravia would scan and find the Livebox but when I entered the WEP code it just returned to the same menu. I turned off security settings on the Livebox and the Bravia connected straight away, but not good with no security. I then reset the Livebox security and entered the WEP code in the Bravia's "MANUAL" settings it then connected with no problems. Hope this helps.

sonyouser
Visitor

Hi thanks for sharing this info, I'm trying to do the same with the livebox but to a panasonic.

Can I ask how you turned off the security settings on the livebox please? 

I see you entered a wep code( as I do if I let a guest use my livebox) but I don't have a box to do that on the panny

Any wisdom gratefully received!