Join now - be part of our community!

dac/audio via optick cable

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
vldpopi
Explorer

dac/audio via optick cable

hi, i have an rotel ( without optical input - only composit ) and i brought an dac convertor from optick to analog https://www.avstore.ro/dac-uri/fiio-taishan-d03k/ this dac cannot convert dolby or dts so it important to set the audio to PCM. where on earth is that at the sony menu? ( i mention i set the speakers to audio system and it works only on digital tv - and not on internet/netflix youtube etc- the sounds works on both only if i set to tv speakers - but the sound is not great and also it seems odd have this setting and hear both on speakers and tv speakers at same time - so must be an hidden setting for pcm or else ) 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Have a look at the manual for your TV, page 28. 

If you're not based in the UK your BRAVIA may be slightly different, but hopefully the audio output options in the firmware will be the same. 

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

On most BRAVIA TVs, you set PCM from the [Settings] menu. Press [Sound] → [Digital Audio Out] and select [Auto] or [PCM]

Hope that works on yours! If not, please let us have your model number and someone should be able to help out.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.RO.title
vldpopi
Explorer

thank you,

i have an sony bravia 43xe7005 - i went to sound menu . but i didnt have (in advance settings)  only dolby digital plus out ( not audio digital out ) and only auto or off , not PCM (mine is set to off) 

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Have a look at the manual for your TV, page 28. 

If you're not based in the UK your BRAVIA may be slightly different, but hopefully the audio output options in the firmware will be the same. 

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.RO.title
vldpopi
Explorer

thx Mick,

yes, im not in UK, and my  sony haven't audio digital outin the menu. what can i do in this case? 

profile.country.RO.title
vldpopi
Explorer

actually i found the pcm setting, it was on set up menu/ av set up / digital audio out. i had set to pcm and now it works just fine. thx for advice.