Join now - be part of our community!

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

dsswoosh

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

Anyone who wants to buy this TV specially for the smooth MotionFlow 200 options beware.

This TV does not support MotionFlow.

This is clearly false advertisement.

Am bumping this every single day until someone from Sony acknowledges why it has been falsely advertised.

104 REPLIES 104
dawiddylich

yeee,something smells here.w6 series has brilliant picture quality but....i compared w6 to my friend 3years old sony tv with 100hz.and we run demo screen going left.my friend tv has a nicer smoother picture.and we could read moving subtitles better.even w6 led mode not changed much.after all i went to sony centre and checked w9 options.i know its completelly diffrent tv but one option in motionflow settings was called (i think) impulse and that did exact the same as w6 led mode.but i dont think it smoothes screen,it sharpness screen in my opinion.so it kinda tricky 200xrhz in w6,+ issues with apps does not helps.i am happy with this tv but...i feel bit cheated.
necrocrypt

I joined AVforum today after seeing Sony's response and joined here tonight to show my support for the truth from Sony. Thanks Oxman for getting some response and sharing it. I'll happily help out where i can. Do we need to start a Facebook page warning people and getting owners support that might not use AVforums or here? I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my PS4 pre order, not renewing my ps plus membership in October and selling my PS3 if Sony try palming us off with more silence or half baked conjecture.

profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

come on sony sort it out before u lose loyal customers

oxman2k

sony i don't think your reply of motionflow is led motion on the w6 is satisfactory.

1.why advertise the w6 as having motionflow why not advertise it as having led motion

2.motionflow has always been Motion interpolation or motion-compensated frame interpolation (MCFI) is a form of video processing in which intermediate animation frames are generated between existing ones, in an attempt to make animation more fluid, and to compensate for display motion blur.

3.sony your own description of motionflow. On a conventional 50Hz TV fast moving action films or sports can sometimes be hard to follow. Motionflow technology delivers a smoother, less blurry experience by creating and inserting completely new transitional images between every frame of the TV picture. The result is clean, clear and sharp images, no matter how fast the action gets.

4.led motion is backlight scanning and is not the same thing as motionflow

5. sony advertising the w6 as having motionflow xr 200hz you must of known this would mislead people to think that the set would have motionflow and it's settings.

6.sony i would like you to confirm again 100% that KDL-42W653A does not and never did have a Motionflow setting in the menu

7.sony because it was advertised as having motionflow there are people who will have bought the w6 certain that it would have had motionflow and it's settings,and are extremely unhappy that it doesn't.and because you didn't answer emails and took such a long time to reply they are now unable to return the sets for refunds.i think you should add motionflow and it's settings to the w6 or if this is not possible offer an exchange

redtopper1

its to late for my tv to be returned but all i want is what i bought or thought i bought, can the tv be updated to include these settings.still waiting for a reply from the national consumer,but we all should stick together on this and not let it go

oxman2k

the same here to late to return tv i want motionflow and it's settings and unless sony do something about it im reporting the issue to trading standards.

redtopper1

well oxman i have reported this case but if other people do it will only help our case ,as i said before,  keep on at sony and we will get answers

adam_cr

Drewde, thanks for your input in this but there are CLEAR errors in your reply as already pointed out.

I absolutely DID have a motionflow setting along with an audio delay setting for only one night after I bought the TV, and activating it had exactly the same frame smoothing effect as it does on other Sony TV's that I had demonstrated in a Sony store. It is now not there, and my TV categorically does NOT permanently smooth the displayed image as you tell us it does. You just have to look at the W6 compared to another Sony model in store to see this - it's glaringly obvious even when their motionflow is set to low.

I'm starting to think Sony decided to restrict the spec of the w6 set to increase sales of pricier models. This STINKS and I'm furious.
necrocrypt

Hi guys. I've posted a short description of the problem and asked for support, while providing a link to here on Gamefaq's website. I thought that a lot of gamers will be eyeing up the W6 due to the low input lag and thought i should warn them about buying the tv. If anyone here has reached demigod status and has managed to get an account at Neogaf please do the same. It's just a shame i don't know any rather infamous hackers as there is one word to strike fear into Sony's heart and that's Anonymous, Ha ha,

dawiddylich

first week after i bought tv i went back to sony centre and asked seller can he show me motionflow settings and he played dumb looking for it.after couple mins he gave up surprised and he told me that he must find out with someone from service centre.after 2days i got mail that this tv has no motionflow control settings.after that i just forgot about it but after i read this forum i started to think that i seriously might not be getting what i paid for.i must go back to sony centre and ask what is chance for return tv