Join now - be part of our community!

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

dsswoosh

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

Anyone who wants to buy this TV specially for the smooth MotionFlow 200 options beware.

This TV does not support MotionFlow.

This is clearly false advertisement.

Am bumping this every single day until someone from Sony acknowledges why it has been falsely advertised.

104 REPLIES 104
necrocrypt

Bizarrely, since some of you guys have said that you've gone to trading standards, it's become a bit icy regarding this matter on the AVforum with people who have never posted on the W6 owner pages until now, popping up to say we are wasting our time about this. Sony shills, you think?
profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

were not going away sony

redtopper1

need an answer sony

oxman2k

c'mon on sony do the decent thing either add motionflow and it's settings to the set or offer an exchange, because you didn't answer emails and took such a long time to answer on this issue myself and others are unable to return the set. which you advertised and still are as having motionflow when it clearly doesn't.. 

Nikaniana
Explorer

This is verry disturbing if its true that the set doesnt have motionflow like SONY advertise.I've recently got 42W650A and trully I wasnt able to find motionflow setting on the TV also comparing to my old TV witch was 100Hz u can see that the picture isnt smooth as on the 100Hz one. Otherwise this tv has AMAZING picture quality both on HD content and non HD one and I'm verry satisfied about it. 

redtopper1

come on sony add motionflow and its settings its going on to long now,do the decent thing,as these tv sets cost a lot of money.add the settings or offer an exchange

adam_cr

Everyone, screenshot the sony website that advertises the TV as having Motionflow, and any others you can find, in case they decide to change it all. I've done this.

SONY - we need answers. Truthful answers, not the fob-off you've already given us. We are not idiots, we are not just going to accept any tripe you throw at us and we are waiting to get what we paid for. 

oxman2k

sony if you don't reply to this issue with a satisfactory answer and outcome within 24hrs then this issue will be reported to trading standards and the ASA.

redtopper1

need an answer sony

necrocrypt

Hi. I spoke with a Trading standards rep today who was in my local shopping centre, at a cold caller awareness stand. He felt that we had a very strong case for dispute under what he called "Bait advertising". He seemed quite interested and was baffled that Sony's lawyers would let Sony try to get away with this. Oh well, time to email Trading standards.