Join now - be part of our community!

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

dsswoosh

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

Anyone who wants to buy this TV specially for the smooth MotionFlow 200 options beware.

This TV does not support MotionFlow.

This is clearly false advertisement.

Am bumping this every single day until someone from Sony acknowledges why it has been falsely advertised.

104 REPLIES 104
profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

hi mate was that trading standards in england because i have passed  the issue on to the national consumer agency in ireland so it would be good to see what they both say

oxman2k

motionflow reply from sony to owner on av forums.

Dear Mr

Thank you for contacting Sony and please accept our apologies for any confusion or any inconvenience this issue may have caused. With regard to the W6 series, it is supported with "Motonflow" feature however, it cannot be switched off. Unlike other TVs, on which this option can be changed, the "Motionflow" option is set to automatically enhance the picture based on the scene selection. For more information about changing Scene selection, please check the link below:

Selecting picture mode

i think sony are lying the hd test review proves this.While we’re at it, we ran our custom “motion interpolation checker” pattern on the KDL42W653A, and verified that no forced motion interpolation took place in any of the [Scene Select] presets.

dawiddylich

scene selection option changes only sound.not making any difference to the screen in my opinion.anyone else see no difference?but i am wonder if sony can avoid consequences calling w6 motionflow XR200hx.this XR could be tricky...what does it means anyway?i think that sony knows that there is something not right,but its too late now to change hardware.this propably cannot be change by update.
redtopper1

sony can motionflow setting be put back on this tv with an update ,maybe they are right in what they are saying but it is still leading the customer into buying something i dont think motionflow is on this tv but that is my opinion   

redtopper1

lets keep this post going till we get a proper answer from sony

oxman2k

i have reported the motionflow issue to the ASA will let you know what happens.apart from the lack of motionflow the biggest issue with the set is banding with nearly every one having some,which is most noticeable for me when watching football etc.if these two issues were fixed then the set would be excellent.

adam_cr

Another pointless fob-off from Sony. None of the scene modes turn motionflow on. We all know what a motionflow processed image looks like and it doesn't happen in any scene mode as far as I can tell. Have they said anywhere which mode needs to be selected?
redtopper1

got a phone call from the national consumer agency today and they are going to contact sony about the motionflow issue ,lets hope we get some answers now

adam_cr

I don't know how, and haven't had the time, to contact any of these agencies. I'd sure like to though. If you need my input to help the case then by all means contact me - I'll be making complaints at the end of the week to all the available channels if sony haven't provided an honest and satisfactory answer.
redtopper1

why does it take sony so long to respond ,are sony even looking at this issue it would be nice if some one from sony would tell us if they are looking at this issue r not please sony some response would be nice after all we did buy your product