Join now - be part of our community!

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

dsswoosh

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

Anyone who wants to buy this TV specially for the smooth MotionFlow 200 options beware.

This TV does not support MotionFlow.

This is clearly false advertisement.

Am bumping this every single day until someone from Sony acknowledges why it has been falsely advertised.

104 REPLIES 104
earlyapex
Explorer

About the part where a poster said motionflow dissapeared, I'm inclined to believe him as I found a review which states that turning on the motion processing to "clear" reduced the blur.

This setting is available on the w8 and w9 as part of the motionflow settings.

Here is the extract: (in the Upscaled colour section)

"In fact it’s not a distraction at all if you employ the set’s motion processing – and that processing’s Clean setting is gentle enough to deliver de-juddering benefits without making the picture look unnatural."

Here is the full review article:

http://www.computer.co.uk/news/computer-news/review-sony-kdl-42w653a/

profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

come on sony give us what we payed for

jobreda20
Explorer

THIS TV DOES NOT DO WHAT IS ADVERTISED.

In addition to the above picture problem, this TV does not have the capability to do what is advertised, specifically Sony says that you can plug in a hard drive and a camera ( to a USB port).  However, the TV only has ONE USB port, therefore you must unplug one to use the other.  Additionally, the ONLY type of camera supported is Sony's own brand (vr100/200) costing almost £100.00 !!!  And if you wish to use a hard drive they only recommend Sony models (HDE1 and HDEB5), although they say that Western Digital drives work, BUT YOU HAVE TO CALL WD TO FIND OUT WHAT DRIVES ARE SUPPORTED FOR THIS TV.  I asked about a USB port multiplier but Sony could not answer the question and said I should try different ones to see if they would work!!!  THIS IS ALL VERY DISSAPOINTING FROM SONY.

redtopper1

did anyone get a reply off sony yet

oxman2k

had a reply of asa sony told them motionflow on the w6 was led motion and they accepted it.i am returning my set due to banding. 

adam_cr

This is BULL. They're clearly mentioned as seperate features and Sony are trying to pull a fast one. One minute it's activated via scene select, the next it's LED motion. I'm NEVER getting another Sony product again.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best places to make complaints, ie trading standards etc?
redtopper1

missed my call of sony ,dont know where i stand in bringing my tv back as it wasnt bought off sony,and its a pity because i do like this tv 

redtopper1

oxman did u buy your tv off sony and are they giving u a different model or your money back

oxman2k

got the set from amazon m8,it's past the 30days emailed them told them the set had banding they sent me a returns label set going back tomorrow for refund.did like the set despite the motionflow bull.would get one again if i was gauranteed no banding,dse,etc.the banding ruined watching football on the set why make the sets so thin when it causes quality issues with the picture.

pennbank

You may have just been unlucky with that set

Mine KDL42W653 from John Lewis at £529 with 5 yr Guarantee is excellent