Join now - be part of our community!

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

dsswoosh

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

Anyone who wants to buy this TV specially for the smooth MotionFlow 200 options beware.

This TV does not support MotionFlow.

This is clearly false advertisement.

Am bumping this every single day until someone from Sony acknowledges why it has been falsely advertised.

104 REPLIES 104
nickpapas7
Explorer

Just got an auto-update on my KDL-42W651a firmware, to version PKG3.802EUA 

Does anyone have info about what it changed?

I brawsed throught the settings a bit but all looks the same..

profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

got an email off sony today bout motionflow there sticking with it is always on and u cant turn it off or on ,this dont sound right, anyone any information why this woundnt be right

mckenna90
Explorer

So overall is this TV not worth buying? I am looking for a new TV for Gaming/Movies but mostly Gaming for the upcoming ps4 and out of all the reviews videos and comments i have seen this is the best gaming TV i have found at its size and price (personally not looking anything under 37inch or over 42inch and not spenting more than £550) but after reading all your comments about the False Advertising im left wondering is this Sony TV truly worth my money and going to give me a great gaming experience and if not could someone recommend a me a good 37 - 42inch TV for ps3/ps4 Gaming max price £550?

Anonymous
Not applicable

mckenna90 - Leaving the motionflow issues aside, it seems that a huge percentage think that this TV is great considering the pricepoint set.  If you are unsure,  have a look at the TV in a store or even at your nearest Sony Centre?

A couple of links for you

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1776014-sony-w6-owners-thread.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00BV6411Q/

Cheers

eBrooker
Explorer

Does anyone know if this applies to the Sony KDL50W656 as well? Does it have a proper Motionflow setting/feature, or not?

stealthinde

Bump for SONY.

Here from Italy, just bought the W6 42" and quite disappointed.

WE know that the W6 had the Motionflow Setting and WE know that it is not comparable with the (useless) LED Motion, Sony.

Just bring it back! Thanks
stealthinde

New Upgrade .. no changes .. SONY (?)

tricky1025
Explorer

Bumpitty bump bump!

stealthinde

Just received a contact mail from Sony about the issue.

For now I have appreciate that, let's see if we could finally get MotionFlow back!

I will keep you updated.

profile.country.IT.title
Manuel890

hi,

I did not understand the situation, but I was going to buy a 42w6 for ps4, what happened? resolved? really is the best for ps4?

if this is true not buy you w6 and even ps4, bad policies MS style I do not like ... I buy a panasonic .

I will report this thing also Italian consumer association ..

thanks for the answers  :slight_smile: