Join now - be part of our community!

Freesat on KDL42W805

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
james2004k
Explorer

Freesat on KDL42W805

Hi all,

Recent purchase and was checking that it all works prior to wall mounting.

My question is in relation to the freesat. I get a lot of channels but they don't seem to be in any particular order (to my knowledge). Are they meant to be in a particular order?

Also There are multiples of the same channel, is there a set of frequencies that I should be scanning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It might be best for your to contact Freesat directly in regards to those questions, as it may be your setup.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/contact

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It might be best for your to contact Freesat directly in regards to those questions, as it may be your setup.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/contact

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Just to offer an explanation. My understanding is that as the product features a DVB-S2 tuner it is capable of receiving the Freesat broadcast channels (as they are free to air) . However as Freesat is a brand & a specifically defined standard which can mandate things like how the EPG looks etc, the TV isn't built specifically to meet this standard this is why you can receive the channels, but it wouldn't necessarily behave like an 'approved' Freesat TV. I guess you might be able to select certain Freesat channels as favourites though within the BRAVIA menu?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
james2004k
Explorer

Hi

Thank you for replying.

It is a shame that Sony haven't got the freesat brand as it would help shift the tv's. Not that they are having trouble with it.

I didn't like the EPG but that could be because I was trying to quickly set it up to test rather than leaving it to settle and download what it needs.

I will be connecting an aerial as well to get the freeview channels.

Does anyone know if you can record from freesat?