Join now - be part of our community!

HD signal is lost

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Kags15
New

HD signal is lost

When I turn on my Hard Disk Player the HD channels and some of the other channels on my Bravia TV show as 'No Signal'. As soon as I turn the Hard Disk Player off they reappear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The HDT500 requires a rather strong signal. Theres a couple of things i would suggest.

1 - If your confident that your aerial is fine, but you have cheap aerials, replace those. I have Lindy aerial cablez, they are quite expensive compared to others at £15 a pop on amazon, but they are worth every penny in my oppinion

2 - If you have your main aerial feed going into your PVR and an aerial cable using the loop back from the PVR to the TV. Try instead using an aerial splitter from the socket on the wall, feeding independently to the TV and PVR. I got an all metal T splitter from amazon for about 3 quid and thats the setup i use.

Doing those two things, ive never had a problem with the signal.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

The HDT500 requires a rather strong signal. Theres a couple of things i would suggest.

1 - If your confident that your aerial is fine, but you have cheap aerials, replace those. I have Lindy aerial cablez, they are quite expensive compared to others at £15 a pop on amazon, but they are worth every penny in my oppinion

2 - If you have your main aerial feed going into your PVR and an aerial cable using the loop back from the PVR to the TV. Try instead using an aerial splitter from the socket on the wall, feeding independently to the TV and PVR. I got an all metal T splitter from amazon for about 3 quid and thats the setup i use.

Doing those two things, ive never had a problem with the signal.

Good Luck

profile.country.en_GB.title
Kags15
New

Thanks for that. I tried a splitter as you suggested but as we've got a booster (which proves we have a bad signal) the splitter didn't work as I had to attach it to the booster and not straight into the wall. I'm sure you're correct about the signal so I will get someone round to try and sort it out. Thank you very much.