Join now - be part of our community!

Help with Sony KDL - 40EX724 TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tbx1972
Visitor

Help with Sony KDL - 40EX724 TV

MY mother is currently having problems with her 3D TV (she is not technically minded and my father who understood the TV recently passed away). There is a rather annoying scrolling bar which appears top and bottom of screen every few minutes which shows a preview of all of the tv's features - such as Track ID, Presence Sensor, 3D, Edge Led, etc. This reminds me of the features bar you would see in a TV seller's showroom. We need to work out how to disable this function and turn it off. I have looked through the I-manual but cannot see any reference to this so any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It may appear that the TV is set in shop demo mode or something very similar.

My advice is to note down any settings that you may have (as in display settings) and perform a factory reset on the TV. This should resolve the issue. When setting it back up, choose HOME mode instead or SHOP.

Hope that helps.

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It may appear that the TV is set in shop demo mode or something very similar.

My advice is to note down any settings that you may have (as in display settings) and perform a factory reset on the TV. This should resolve the issue. When setting it back up, choose HOME mode instead or SHOP.

Hope that helps.

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tbx1972
Visitor

Thanks very much will give it a try.