Join now - be part of our community!

Homestream update??

SOLVED
profile.country.pt_PT.title
nunoqsm
Visitor

Homestream update??

Serviio just updated to 1.2 with subtitles support.

When will we be enjoying Homestream 1.2 as well?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@jose_ugs wrote:
Hey all, it's mid-july and there's still no v1.2 Any updates on this one?

Hi jose_ugs,

looks like Homestream V2is available to download -

Download for Windows

&

Download for Mac

:thumbsup:

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i have asked this question a few days ago and have had nothing back, since serviio and homestream are one and the same i just downloaded serviio 1.2 evaluation copy, by then we may hear back when Sony's one is available

nogsx3
Visitor

The 'evaluation' version is the free version with no time limit and offers all the features of Homestream. Your not gaining anything by holding out for a version branded Homestream when you can download Serviio 1.2 for free now.

Homestream will be updated at some point but its a simple to upgrade to Serviio 1.2

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

The thing is : Homestream is doing a better job in transcoding and scaling all mine obscure video files than serviio. It comes down to the profile used in homestream is tailor made to my SonTV, and this detailed info is missing in serviio I th.

Message was edited by: Nielsen

Bravia55HX

nogsx3,

the "evaluation" copy i downloaded at the time was the "pro" version and HAS a time limit, (4 days) left, i just thought i'd try it, im sure the free version works fine and i have a copy of that on standby.

i cant find any fault with transcoding and scaling it works fine on my player and my tv.

Catmambo
Contributor

Just to update, new Homestream will happen, we are just working on the contract etc at the moment as I want to add language packs and ensure we can market it in other countries as well. Hopefully in the next month or so. As you can see the underlying software is already complete and so the technical work is pretty much done. Just need to add the tweaks & customisation, and in due course, support for 2013 products also.

Thanks

jose_ugs
New

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jose_ugs,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

There is post in another thread from Catmambo (12/7/13) stating..

Catmambo wrote:

Have you tried updating Java on your comptuter? We have a nnew version of Homestream going live this week hopefully so this may also help.

So if the information from Catmambo is correct I would expect an update to appear any day now, might be worth checking for news on the Sony Homestream page ..

Catmambo
Contributor

Yup - this week for sure. Just got to upload the software into a blog post and we're all set.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@jose_ugs wrote:

Hi jose_ugs,

looks like Homestream V2is available to download -

Download for Windows

&

Download for Mac

:thumbsup: