Join now - be part of our community!

How to disable the message " This event is available on HD " ETC

SOLVED
sarita123
Explorer

How to disable the message " This event is available on HD " ETC

The above message is driving me crazy!!!  Is there no way to DISABLE this blasted message please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Falmericon
Explorer

I've just upgraded my firmware to PKG4.024EUA, and am no longer getting the prompt. So it looks as though they've finally fixed it, thank goodness!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
ToonPatriot
Explorer

Why would you want to disable it? I like it, it reminds me to put HD on. lol
Unless you have no HD channels, then it would be very annoying!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Can you please state which model TV you have?  As this does not happen for me.  I understand there was an issue a while ago on some models - Have you installed the latest firmware?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

This happens on my KDL-40EX723 with latest firmware (and previous firmwares) too.

Extremely annoying.

I reported this to Sony back at the start of 2013, but have had no joy with getting them to remove it.

The least they should do is give us an option in the menus to turn this off.

I'm not sure where in the broadcast chain the flag that triggers this message is inserted, but I just wish my TV would ignore it. I don't think many broadcasters/transmitters set the flag, so most people are blissfully unaware.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

IS it possible that this message is fired by the MHP functionalities of the decoder? If it's so, you may disable the automatic loading of MHP application

JoeKiki
Explorer

I have this issue too on a UK model KDL32CX523BU. It started in the last week (so some time since 24th March) and doesn't affect the channels that we've had HD version of for ages (BBC1, BBC2, BBC Three, Channel 4) but only the new ones (BBC Four, BBC News, Al Jazeera English are the ones that spring to mind).

There really should be an option in the TV settings to turn this message off. I see a few threads (here and here) on the community dating back as far as 2012 asking for the feature but being fobbed off with the explanation that it's a part of the Freeview signal. That may be so, but it is totally within Sony's power as to what their TV software does with the signal. Another page here states that the prompt has been removed - well it plainly hasn't and as the starter of this thread notes it is very annoying.

If' the TV had behaved like this out of the box it would have been sent back by return for a refund. If some workaround can't be found I guess I'll be looking for a new TV.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Joekiki

Are you saying that this is only effecting the new HD channels on the new multiplex roll-out? 

Can anyone else confirm this too? As I cannot, as I havent got the new channels yet.

Cheers

JoeKiki
Explorer

That seems to be the case, doesn't it? We're on the Waltham transmitter and according to this page the new multiplex was rolled out 25/03. Coincidence? I don't think so...

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are still doing engineering works on the Waltham Transmitter - maybe, just maybe they "fix" this.  Time will tell.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/help_and_advice/engineering_works

http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SK809233

profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

I have had this message on BBC1 since 2012 and it's still there (Wenvoe relay).

IMHO, we should not have to rely on a broadcaster to fix this (2 years should mean out of any test phase).

Sony should listen to their customers and give us an option to switch it off.