Join now - be part of our community!

How to disable the message " This event is available on HD " ETC

SOLVED
sarita123
Explorer

How to disable the message " This event is available on HD " ETC

The above message is driving me crazy!!!  Is there no way to DISABLE this blasted message please?

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tonight, I tested my KDL-40NX723 TV, and I never got those messages on the SD versions of BBC.  Im on the Oxford Transmitter, which has not been updated for the new multiplexes yet.

As you stated that you are on a relay transmitter, im gathering that you only receive what is dubbed "freeview-lite" ?

Just trying to gather as much information as possible.

@rooobb  - not sure if this issue is part of the DVB-MHP standard (actually im not sure how it works to be honest). 

profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

I think that's right - I don't get BBC4 HD for example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

BBC4 HD is a channel on the new muxes being slowly rolled out to "some" transmitters.  Freeview-lite does not include channels (I think) such as VIVA, Quest, Pick TV

profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

I'll post the link again -  http://sonycic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1878/ where Sony support centre state

Bravia : On screen broadcast message prompt, change channel to HD option ?
Published 01/05/2012 12.17 PM   |    Updated 24/07/2012 11.02 AM

HD Broadcast on screen message prompt, switch to HD ?

Can this on screen message be switched off ?

Due to customer demand and as requested, this prompt feature has now been removed.

IT HAS NOT BEEN REMOVED!

IT SHOULD BE REMOVED.

(Or make it a system option just in case someone likes it. Options are good.)

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't know about this specific issue in UK, in Italy we have a large broadcaster that is posting a marketing info about a new on-demand service everytime you switch to that channel and it's done via MHP (just to be more clear substituting the normal red button that all the other channels show). And this is annoying too, but can be worked around switching off the automating loading of MHP services

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've found where you are meaning Rooobb - Under Digital Set-up there is another option for "Interactive Application Setup".  However this is greyed out with a message "No settings needed for current country".  So its either not in use in the UK, or in UK it cannot be changed for whatever reason.  Whether this is the cause, I wouldnt have a clue.

sarita123
Explorer

I contacted customer service and this is the reply I received........... it makes no sense at all, (at least to me!) if anyone can help that would be great.

I appreciate your enquiry about removing the HD channels availability notifications.

In response to your query, I would suggest sorting the HD and the Analogue as follows:

Press HOME-Settings-Digital Setup- Digital Program Sorting:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/iManuals/eng/CX52x_o32/st_dpsorting.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just to inform you - I have esculated this thread in the hope of a solution or a detailed answer.

Cheers.

BigRoysDad
Explorer

Any progress after escalating this issue?  I am another Sony customer getting annoyed with this.

Not sure if it is related, but I have been experiencing a certain problem recording onto the hard disk of my Sony RDR-HXD560 DVD recorder (with is not HD) connected to my Sony Bravia KDL-32CX523 TV (which has HD). Having set a program to record on the timer, it often stops recording after just 50 seconds or so.  This only occurs when trying to record on channels which display the "event available in HD" message.