Join now - be part of our community!

How to switch sound?

Tasa99
New

How to switch sound?

I have a small problem ...I do not know how the sound from the TV switch to a home theater.For example, when I watching a movie, I want to have that special sound effects but I don't know how to turn them on.On another TV and home theater that I have, I can easily transfer the sound to the home theater but i don't know what I need to do to make this happen on the first devices.I've tried everything and toggle between different cables but without success...

TV and home theater are both Sony.
TV - Sony KDL-32EK340
Home Theater - DAV-TZ135

Please help, thank you! :thinking:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You should use an optical cable [DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL)], or a cable jack > 2xRCA (White/Red)vfrom the AUDIO OUT/Headphones available at the side of the TV.
The instructions do not indicate it is likely that the items should be adjusted in the menu under "Audio".

Sorry foy my "Google English".

Tasa99
New

Thanks for your response!

For home theater there are inputs for RCA cables (or whatever it's called) and the speaker terminals and antennas. On the TV is input to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT but as far as I can see there is no such entry in my home theater ... Are both ends the same or what? I just use 2xRCA (White / Red) .... I do not understand much in these cables and modern technical names so sorry if I wrote something stupid ...

And yes, I also use "Google English" :tongue:

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Forgive me, I had not checked the connections of the DAV-TZ135, you can connect your TV only via the Audio on the side (shared with headphone output).
You will need to use only one cable to 2x RCA Jack 3,5 mm.