Join now - be part of our community!

internet tv - youtube pin number required?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
maferri91
Visitor

internet tv - youtube pin number required?

Hi, I am trying to set up a new internet Tv and for my youtube account it is asking for a pin number.  both Sony and youtube say go speak to the other guys.  the fact is there is no such thing as a pin number and your normall username and password does not work, any ideas?

While I am at it, how do you see your My Rental List in LoveFilm as well?  I cant seem to find anyanswers on either Sony's and/or YouTube/LoveFilm respectively.

Cheers,

Ferris

19 REPLIES 19
drdeepakjoseph
Visitor

Dear Hueber,

I had the same problem and followed the solution you provided.

It certainly did the trick:smileyhappy:

Thank you

DJoseph

profile.country.GB.title
Dakkar78
New

As google owns youtube, they have now merged the login details and you need to use the Google ones. However, if you have turned on the 2-step password security, you will have to create a specific device password for your youtube TV, as you main google password won't work then.

Nodesy
Visitor

Thanks Dakkar78, that was my problem, device specific password.

Having the same problem. I use to be signed in with my Hotmail account on YouTube via the TV.

Whilst try to look for a pairing code (another issue) I signed out.

Since then I have been asked for a User ID and Pin Number. I contacted Sony and they just do not understand the problem. I explained that other people have the same issue, but they seem to think its a YouTube issue rather than a Sony one.

Now I cannot play any YouTube on the TV, which was one of the main reasons why we got a Smart TV in the first place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im assuming that you mean your Google password and not Hotmail?

Without knowing the full ins and outs of your issue, Sony support are actually correct in regards that this is a Google/YouTube issue.  Google in recent months have done lots of changes in the background, of which is generally the cause of this issue.

Have you see the post : HERE as it may assist you.

If it doesnt, you may want to browse the YouTube forums : HERE as there are some Sony threads there too.

If you get no joy, post back here with your TV's model number, also ensure that your TV's firmware is upto date as well, and sometimes a factory reset may assist.

Cheers

yanisagemil
Explorer

Hello after fyu houres of searching i sort out the problem of PIN CODE.

for my its work login in in your gmail acount searche the seting (second on top) and desactivet 2 set of verification and then in your old you toube you can log in in your you toube acount whit email and password

Anna_L
New

I have the same problem with login on the youtube app. I have tried all solutions I found so far without any luck :(.

I have disabled two-step verification, I have enabled it and set up app-specific passwords.

I have setup youtube to use my old youtube username, then set it up to use my gmail address, I have set it up to use either of those account when logging in and not to give me an option to choose when logging in.

I have for login tried my gmail address, with and without @gmail at the end.

And when I above chose to use my old youtube name at youtube, used that username.

I'm glad for all of you that succeded, I'm though still really frustrated and irritated with google messing up everything with youtube.

If anyone have a working step-by-step solution that you would like to share, I would be very glad :slight_smile:

SZUNAR
Explorer

YOUTUBE PIN NUMBER REQUIRED

thbarne41
New

How do you get a pin code or specific device password for you internet tv to access youtube?? Thanks for info!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The pin number is simply your google/youtube password. 

Cheers