Join now - be part of our community!

Issues connecting KLD40EX503 TV using dongle

pvd3881
New

Issues connecting KLD40EX503 TV using dongle

I am going through the Wireless network setup but am having issues completing the process. After finding my wireless network and clicking 'save & connect' my CONNECTION RESULTS show

Wireless device OK

Local access FAILED

Internet access FAILED

Any idea what could be the issue?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am wondering if this is a signal strength issue?  How many bars does the TV detect?  Is the TV in the same room as your ISP's router? 

Cheers

pvd3881
New

It picks up the network but only with one bar. Strange given all my other devices have the full 5 bars of reception. The router is another room. You think this might be the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am reasonably confident that, that is the problem.  My mum has the same adapter and required 3 bars (if memory serves right) minimum to work correctly.  To test this theory, move the TV next to the router, or vice-versa if possible.  The other thing you can do firstly though, is use the break-away extension adapter - as this may assist in regards to any signal blocking interferrance.

If and once you confirmed if that is the problem (and wireless is not the solution), you have a couple of options

• Go Wired
  • Use Homeplugs
  • A wireless range extender.

For me information on these options (other than the last) see a rather lengthy thread : HERE

Hope that helps anyhow.