Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32bx320 Cyrilic subtitles

SOLVED
profile.country.bg_BG.title
nirvana_kc
Visitor

KDL-32bx320 Cyrilic subtitles

Recently I bought this model.Today I try to watch one DIVX movie with subtitle.The sub file was SRT.
I found that,the movie and subtitles must have the same names.So far so good! But encodin of subtitles is incorrect,If Subtitles are with ANS,UTF-8 or Unicode big endian TV show me the picture which is attached.If enciding is "Unicode" everything is allright but the subtitles are frozen in one place throughout the film.
How to solve the problem? Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ivo_BG
Visitor

Here it is the answer in EN how to use cyrillic subtitles via USB on TV Sony KDL-32EX310. Probably it is the same to the other TVs, but I did not find the answer written somewhere.

1. Open SRT (sub,ssa) file containing the subs with the app Notepad++. This app could be downloaded by http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

2. From menu "Edit" choose option "Select all" (for quicker just push simultaneously this key combination Crtl+A).

3. Now all the raws are selected in the file.

4. Again from the upper contol line with the buttons you choose the following  "Encoding"-"Character set"-"Cyrillic"-"Windows-1251".

5. Now save the changed file with "File"-"Save as ..." and if you dont change the name it will overite the existing srt file.

6. Take care to the names of the avi and the str files. They have to be the same. If not change one of them to become identical with the other one.

7. Copy the bot files on USB memory (flash, HDD) and watch them.

DO NOT FORGET to sitch on the SUBS from the button (....) on the remote. Also push it untill is displayed on the screen that the coding is CP1251 (on the TV KDL-32EX310 it is on the second place).

EN short: open the srt file with Notepad++. Select all raws of the subtitle file. Go to "Encoding"-"Character set"-"Cyrillic" and select "Windows-1251". Then save the modified srt file over the old one. Ensure that the names of the avi and srt are the same if not - make them to be. Put both files on USB and play. Chose from button (....) the coding CP1251 to make them readable.

Greetings

Message was edited by: Ivo_BG

The Bulgarian was changed to EN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ivo_BG
Visitor

Here it is the answer in EN how to use cyrillic subtitles via USB on TV Sony KDL-32EX310. Probably it is the same to the other TVs, but I did not find the answer written somewhere.

1. Open SRT (sub,ssa) file containing the subs with the app Notepad++. This app could be downloaded by http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

2. From menu "Edit" choose option "Select all" (for quicker just push simultaneously this key combination Crtl+A).

3. Now all the raws are selected in the file.

4. Again from the upper contol line with the buttons you choose the following  "Encoding"-"Character set"-"Cyrillic"-"Windows-1251".

5. Now save the changed file with "File"-"Save as ..." and if you dont change the name it will overite the existing srt file.

6. Take care to the names of the avi and the str files. They have to be the same. If not change one of them to become identical with the other one.

7. Copy the bot files on USB memory (flash, HDD) and watch them.

DO NOT FORGET to sitch on the SUBS from the button (....) on the remote. Also push it untill is displayed on the screen that the coding is CP1251 (on the TV KDL-32EX310 it is on the second place).

EN short: open the srt file with Notepad++. Select all raws of the subtitle file. Go to "Encoding"-"Character set"-"Cyrillic" and select "Windows-1251". Then save the modified srt file over the old one. Ensure that the names of the avi and srt are the same if not - make them to be. Put both files on USB and play. Chose from button (....) the coding CP1251 to make them readable.

Greetings

Message was edited by: Ivo_BG

The Bulgarian was changed to EN

bubatalazi
Visitor

Note that I had to upgrade firmware to 4.9 (sony_tvupdate_2011_[V4.09]_eu_pad_waffle.pkg) in order to get cp1251 subtitles working. It used to show jiberish before that.