Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32CX520 wireless dongle

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
hel_nina
Visitor

KDL-32CX520 wireless dongle

Bought a new sony bravia KDL-32CX520 smart TV and want to set it up with a wireless dongle. I bought a belkin F6D4050ed Wireless N150 USB adaptor but error message says to check is dongle inserted correctly . Does the wireless dongle have to be a sony one and what is the recommended one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
drhowells
New

Hi, the TV will only work with the Sony Dongle - UWA-BR100 USB Wi-Fi® adaptor.

The reason for this is as follows: When you use a USB Dongle on a computer, you will need to install software, so that the computer knows how to use the Dongle. You cannot do this with a TV. Sony pre-install the software for this particular Dongle, so that you can just plug it in to the TV and it should work.

Hope that helps...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
drhowells
New

Hi, the TV will only work with the Sony Dongle - UWA-BR100 USB Wi-Fi® adaptor.

The reason for this is as follows: When you use a USB Dongle on a computer, you will need to install software, so that the computer knows how to use the Dongle. You cannot do this with a TV. Sony pre-install the software for this particular Dongle, so that you can just plug it in to the TV and it should work.

Hope that helps...

profile.country.en_IE.title
hel_nina
Visitor

Hi drhowells,

Thanks for your reply. Pity I didnt know that before I bought the belkin wireless dongle. Will have to get the sony one. Thanks again.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

Sony are quite specific when it comes to what dongle you can use, this is found in the manual for the tv and is usually printed on the box Wi Fi (using optional UWA-BR100 dongle)