Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32EX43B not responding

UncleZen
New

KDL-32EX43B not responding

My KDL-32EX43B, has recently stopped responding to:

- Input from the remote control

- Input from the buttons

The light on the TV does flash when you press a button on the remote but nothing happens.

If I turn off the TV, then on again, it works perfectly. If I put the TV into standby then switch on, theres no response from the remote (until I switch off/on again)..

I've reset factory defaults.and re-got all the channels, Ive disconnected the wireless usb adaptor, no difference.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this might be?

Also, I tried to upload the software from the built-in PKG4.114EUB-0108 to the latest PKG4.117EUB-0108.

But it wont update. It simply sits there for >15mins saying its doing the update, but never updates itself. Tried 2 different flash drives same results.

1 REPLY 1
farnwomt
New

I have an identical problem with my KDL-40EX43B that I noticed on Friday when I returned home after having a month away.

Looking at my TV it appears to have updated itself to the latest firmware, namely:

PKG4.117EUB-0108

as released on the 26/08/2013.  I am sure I am not alone in thinking this must be a bug introduced by the new firmware.  The only way I can clear the problem is to unplug the TV from the mains and plug it back in again.