Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W653A - Switches off after 10 seconds

opsontap
Explorer

KDL-32W653A - Switches off after 10 seconds

I just purchased a KDL-32W653A from John Lewis at the Trafford Centre in Manchester. I bought the TV as a Handwritten Branch markdown and have spent most of the evening trying to get the damned thing to work but all it does is switch off after 10 seconds whether it's playing anything or not.

I've searched the troubleshooting guide for answers and get the following response

TV turns off automatically.
1. Check if [Sleep Timer] is activated, or check the [Duration] setting of [On Timer].

A. If the sleep timer is activated it resets itself when the unit is turned off so it can't be that one.

2. Check if [Idle TV Standby] in [Eco] is activated.

A. Can't find any reference to any of these in the troubleshooting guide and besides how on earth am i going to be able to find all of this in 10 seconds.

Is there a factory reset button or another solution?

Am sorely tempted just to take the damned thing back and get a Samsung instead but thought i'd try here in case anyone had any clues as to an easy fix.

Thanks for reading

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To perform a factory reset via remote control:

• Turn on the TV.
  • On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button.
  • While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set.The TV may turn off and then back on.
  • Release the UP ARROW button.

If this does not resolve your issue, or you are unable to perform the factory reset, I would definately take the TV back and exchange it for another one.

Cheers.

profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

Is this tv connected to a power saving panel ? if it is try pressing the on button on the remote 1-2 seconds longer until the tv turns on.