Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 32WD752 clock won't set,

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
stevied

KDL 32WD752 clock won't set,

The date/clock won't set on my TV. Well it will manually but when I switch the set off at the mains it reverts to 01 Jan 2016. It will not auto set. Should I not switch it off at the mains and leave it in stand by? Won't this use lots of electricity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have read your private message and going to respond in this thread.  Firstly, TVs are designed to be left in 'standby' these days.  Certain functions of the TV are designed to update itself in standby mode - EPG updates are one.

As you seem to be having troubles for sometime, I would recommend you do the following:

• Ensure that the TVs firmware is up-to date.  You should be on v8.206.  See HERE.
  • Once updated to the latest firmware, do a complete factory reset of the TV - Goto: System Settings > Customer Support > Factory Settings : and follow on-screen instructions.

Once done, ensure the following:

• Clock: Ensure that the clock is set to 'Auto' - System Settings > Set-up > Clock Set > Auto
  • EPG: Ensure 'Update guide in standby' is ON or enabled - System Settings > Channel Setup > Guide Setup > Update Guide in standby > ON

In regards to how much power the TV uses in standby - see specifications HERE.  As you can see, the power consumption is very small.

In regards to your other questions in your PM, lets take one step at a time and see how this goes first.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
stevied

Well it loses the clock memory on standby too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have read your private message and going to respond in this thread.  Firstly, TVs are designed to be left in 'standby' these days.  Certain functions of the TV are designed to update itself in standby mode - EPG updates are one.

As you seem to be having troubles for sometime, I would recommend you do the following:

• Ensure that the TVs firmware is up-to date.  You should be on v8.206.  See HERE.
  • Once updated to the latest firmware, do a complete factory reset of the TV - Goto: System Settings > Customer Support > Factory Settings : and follow on-screen instructions.

Once done, ensure the following:

• Clock: Ensure that the clock is set to 'Auto' - System Settings > Set-up > Clock Set > Auto
  • EPG: Ensure 'Update guide in standby' is ON or enabled - System Settings > Channel Setup > Guide Setup > Update Guide in standby > ON

In regards to how much power the TV uses in standby - see specifications HERE.  As you can see, the power consumption is very small.

In regards to your other questions in your PM, lets take one step at a time and see how this goes first.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

quinnicus, thanks very much for the info. I have checked and it does have the latest firmware so now to do a factory reset.

May be a stupid question but does the internet connection have to be on all the time  for EPG and updates etc. It always amazed me how Sony could update my HDD recorder with it switched off but on standby. My TV is hard wired to the moden via a LAN cable as I find that lip synch is much better than with wireless.

profile.country.GB.title
stevied

Hi quinnicus,

The factory reset has fixed my clock problem, thanks very much.