Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-37EX503 where is the 'Variable' Audio Out setting?

SOLVED
JazzyJ123
New

KDL-37EX503 where is the 'Variable' Audio Out setting?

Hi allI have a Sony Bravia KDL-37EX503 and I can't find the 'Variable' audio setting in the menu

There are two (Red and white) RCA audio outputs on the back. Written underneath these outputs (on the back of the TV) is 'Var/Fix'.

I simply want to plug in a sub-woofer and to be able to control the volume of the overall sound (TV speakers and external sub-woofer) with the remote.

If I go to the Menu, 'SOUND'

I have: Target Inputs/Sound Mode/Reset/Treble/Bass/Balance/Surround/Sound enhancer/Auto Volume/Volume Offset.

And no more.

Where is the Variable option? It's clearly written on the back of the TV, so I'm at a loss as to why I can't find it in the settings. Changing the 'Auto Volume' to 'Off' or 'On' does nothing. My sub-woofer (powered) has a fixed volume no matter even if the TV volume is on 0 (Zero). 

Any help would be much appreciated. If it turns out that it's not possible and that this basic feature has been taken off (whilst older cheaper TV's have it) then my days of using Sony will be over. I really hope this is an oversight on my part rather than a reduction of features on Sony's part.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JazzyJ123
New

Found it.

It's in the menu via the 'home' section, settings, sound! Hallelulia!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JazzyJ123
New

Found it.

It's in the menu via the 'home' section, settings, sound! Hallelulia!

Simon-H
Explorer

That's great - glad that you were able to sort this out :slight_smile:

Hopefully other users with a similar issue will see your method.

Simon

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi “JazzyJ123”

Here should be (if there is!!!) the menu (Audio Out) you are looking for: Sony iManuals - Bravia EX50x

Home-->Sound-->Audio Out

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Sorry "JazzyJ123",

I saw a bit late that there was an answer!!! 
Anyway...
Cheers   :slight_smile:

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)