Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-37S5500

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Tafman
Explorer

KDL-37S5500

I have a problem with the Programme Guide Page. Every time I open it most of the programme details come up as EVENT INFORMATION UNAVAILABLE. I have tried many ways to solve this such as initiating Digital Set-up retuning etc, etc. How can I resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I dont know how to help you any further im afraid.  If you google various phrases such as "no information in freeview EPG"  You will always get the same results really, such as re-tune, reception issues etc.

Therefore my only advice is to contact an aerial technician in you local area.  They may know.

As a museum piece, try this:

RL0036.jpg

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try the solution in the following thread:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/Sony-Bravia-KDL-22BX200-freeview-programme-guide-failing/...

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tafman wrote:

Quinnicus

Many thanks. I followed your advice and although there was a slight improvement the Freeview Guide still revealed around 60% of the Channels as INFORMATION UNAVAILABLE. What I did then was to oopen one of those (INFORMATION UNAVAILABLE) Channels and then go back to the guide and loand behold there was the information. This was the same for subsequent channels that I opened. I then switched off the TV, rebooted and I was back to square one - no information!. This is so frustrating. I have lived with this irritating fault for a few years now but it constantly bugs me. WHat is the reference to FIRMWARE that is mentioned in our Community blogs - would this have any affect and if so how do I upgrade it?

Hi there

Just keeping this on your original thread.  Lets see if we can figure this out.

Firstly, in regards to firmware, this is simply a software update for modern TV's.  Unfortunately your TV does not have any firmware updates to install - therefore you cannot upgrade it.

The "No Event Information" - is generally a problem with your freeview reception.  Or in the case of picking up multiple transmitters. 

Can you see if there are any channels in the 800 range?  If there is, do they have EPG information?  If so, you may want to "move" those channels from the 800 range to the position on the EPG they should be, and delete those channels that do have "No Event Information" - See page 25 of the TV's manual HERE for instructions.

Give that a go first anyhow.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Tafman
Explorer

Thanks for the response. I can't tune in any 800 channels 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not quite what I mean - In the EPG, do you have any channels that are in the 800 number range?  If so, do you get program information/details?

profile.country.GB.title
Tafman
Explorer

No, I haven't any 800 series Channels in the EPG

profile.country.GB.title
Tafman
Explorer

I have been back to this TV several times since posting this problem - went to the Freeview Programme Guide and still it shows a high percentage of "Programme Information Unavailable". I am about to give up up on it and ask SONY if they want it back as a museum piece!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I dont know how to help you any further im afraid.  If you google various phrases such as "no information in freeview EPG"  You will always get the same results really, such as re-tune, reception issues etc.

Therefore my only advice is to contact an aerial technician in you local area.  They may know.

As a museum piece, try this:

RL0036.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Tafman
Explorer

Thanks again - I used to own a Sony like yours. Takes me back - I'm that old!