Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40W605 channel lists

KDL-40W605 channel lists

Hi,

I've been thinking about buying a w600 series tv. The reason for the w605 model is that it has both dvb-s2 and dvb-t tuners.

Some tv's require to change the input from dvb-s and dvb-t seperately, which is clunky.

Is it possible with the Sony to have channels from both of the tuners occupy the same "favorites" or similar channel lists?

ps. How are the channel change times?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Q1 : Is it possible with the Sony to have channels from both of the tuners occupy the same "favorites" or similar channel lists?

I have tested this out on a 2014 4K TV, and can say YES.  You can add channels from both DVB-T and DVB-S tuners onto the favourites list.  You can access the favourites via the HOME Channels/Discover.  The channels are split/sorted via Digital (Terrestrial) and Satellite.

See photos:

DSCN0503.JPG

DSCN0504.JPG

Q2 : How are the channel change times?

I cannot really answer this, ill explain.  Sony 2013 TVs had the fast zapping feature in which you can quickly change between terrestrial/satellite/favourites etc via the P+/- and the arrow buttons.  The 2014 TVs did away with this, in favour of the "Discover" feature - which adds pretty thumbnails to the channels, but require more button presses on the remote control, therefore the channel change times is probably irrelevant.  It this is an important issue for you - I would suggest going into a Sony Store and testing this out for yourself and see if this is acceptable.

Hope this helps