Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony Telly Questions

profile.country.GB.title
r0b1nf
Explorer

New Sony Telly Questions

Hi,

I've just got myself a new Sony KDL-32R433B and a couple of things don't work quite how I'd expect... 

When I press the i+ button I can see the now/next info for the channel I'm on, left/right toggle through now/next. The OSD indicates up/down scrolls (presumably so I can quickly see now/next for other channels) however these buttons don't seem to do anything. Are they supposed to show me now/next for other channels? If not, is there any other way of quickly cycling through now/next info for all channels (without having to go to the guide and press info for each programme)? Are other Sony tellys similar in their control?

Also, there's a number of streamed Freeview channels including TVPlayer and Vision TV. These only occasionally work. I can always hear the sound but more times than not the vision is blocked by a field of blue or black. Are these streamed channels supported by Sony? Do they work on other Sony tellys?

I did try reading through the manuals but couldn't find answers to my specific queries. I hope others can help!!

Thanks, Robin

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Lets tackle this in two parts:

1 - Now/Next

When you press the i+ button, this is how it should function.  For information on future programmes, you must use the EPG (guide).  The up/down is rarely used, but occasionally the actual program description will have more text that what is displayed.  Hence then you can move down/up. It is not designed for other channels.  Again, that is what the EPG is for.  This is not only for TVs via Sony, this is the same across brands too.  My advice, use the EPG (guide), once you get use to it, you will be like a duck in water :slight_smile:

2 - IPTV Channels (Freeview 225+)

These require a broadband connection and require at least 2Mbps download speeds for them to function properly.  There are a couple of stations that are not quite supported as of yet (but I forget which ones, sorry).  However the TV does conform to all the broadcasting specifications, hence out of Sony's hands.  These channels must add your model TV to its supported list (whitelist).

Hope this explains things a little bit

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
r0b1nf
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for your guidance here, I'm getting a little used to using the guide function. I'm also loving the screen mirroring, very useful for playing music from my mobile phone!

Thanks

Robin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Glad your getting the hang of things now :slight_smile:

What a coincident, I've just created some instructions on Screen Mirroring using Smart Connect.  However as you're using it now, you dont need them, but posting link here anyhow, if others manage to find this thread :slight_smile:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/how-to-screen-mirroring-using-smart-conn...

Have fun

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, another useful app that you might want to look at is "Quick Remote: TV Sideview Sony"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.tvsideview.phone&hl=en_GB

Cheers