Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W653 Poor picture

SOLVED
rikkyshh
New

KDL-42W653 Poor picture

I just purchased this TV KDL-42W653

I have to say i was impressed...in store. It looks good.

But when I got it home and plugged it in, the standard definition TV picture quality is POOR. My 5-6 year old samsung first gen LED tv gives out a MUCH BETTER picture for standard definition...

Ive tried to adjust the picture settings but faces still appear grainy, fuzzy and noisy, with some channels ALOT worse...

The Ariel is not the portable one, its from my roof...

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In the store they always look good.  They generally have HD images playing on it.

In regards to your problem, the best thing to do is adjust the picture settings on a SD BBC channel, ie BBC1.  Certain channels lower down the list will always look rubbish, as they have jammed in as many channels as they can fit on a multiplex and hence lowering the quality.

The bigger the TV and the closer view the TV, the worse SD looks

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In the store they always look good.  They generally have HD images playing on it.

In regards to your problem, the best thing to do is adjust the picture settings on a SD BBC channel, ie BBC1.  Certain channels lower down the list will always look rubbish, as they have jammed in as many channels as they can fit on a multiplex and hence lowering the quality.

The bigger the TV and the closer view the TV, the worse SD looks

Cheers