Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W653A Smart TV what type of USB 2 or 3 / allowed cams or HD

jobreda20
Explorer

KDL-42W653A Smart TV what type of USB 2 or 3 / allowed cams or HD

The user manula for the above TV is more or less useless (printed or online).  I've tried to hook up 2 usb webcams and a usb HDD but none work, I only get a msg saying device is not compatible.  What type of usb hub is it, 2 or 3 and what cams and HDD does it support.  There is only one usb port on this TV, is it possible to plug in a usb hub and expand it to 4 ports so I can use a HDD and camera for skype??  If not it goes back.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

First off, the camera/microphone you will need to use will be the CMU-BR200.  Other general webcams are not supported due to drivers that would need installing (and you cannot do that).

The USB ports will be USB2.  No you cannot add a USB hub to expand the ports.  Exact specifications (or recommendations) of HDD's are scratchy.  However from my understanding Western Digital (WD) HDD's are preferred.  Must be over 32GB. (This is for recording ability).

As always, If you are not satisfied with the product, contact the dealer/retailer you purchased it from.  However my phylosophy has always been, Do you research first before purchasing any product to ensure that it meets your requirements and therefore not be disappointed.

Hope that helps.

jobreda20
Explorer

Thank you. Well that's a nasty surprise, I can either use a camera in the
usb connection or a hdd - not both!

John