Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W654A FreeviewHD flicks from picture to no signal

KDL-42W654A FreeviewHD flicks from picture to no signal

I tuned my new KDL-42W654A and have an aerial cable that works fine for freeview HD on a youview box (so I know there is an HD signal that is good enough to use).

When I select an HD TV channel I get a picture, then it goes black, says no signal, then I get picture again and it continuously flicks between a picture and no signal.

It never consistently shows a picture so isn't running for a few minutes then dips out,it switches between picture and black screen at least once a second so never stabilises on anything.

I have latest firmware

Does anyone have any ideas, or is this TV ultra sensitive on signal strenght such that the YouView box can work perfectly and the Sony TV just needs a much stronger signal?

Thanks if anyone can help.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

From what your saying, you have it connected it the following way?

• Aerial Cable from wall point to Youview Box
  • Aerial Cable from Youview Box to TV (as a pass-though)

And then the following happens

• HD channels work on Youview box
  • But when changing to TV, the HD channels do not work

Note: Is this correct?

-----------------------------------------------------

If the above is correct - Try doing the following on your YouView Box (Page 21 of the manaual : Here)

1. Goto Settings > Device Management - and enable RF loop through to "Antenna Out"
  2. Goto Settings > Device Management - and turn off ECO mode

If that still does not resolve your problem, try the following

1. Test the aerial cable directly to your TV - ignoring the Youview box altogether.  This should work.  If not, I would suggest better aerial cables with shielding.  If it does work, try feeding the aerial cable directly to the TV and Youview box independently using an aerial splitter (a T or Y splitter) on the wall point.

Hope that resolves your problems.

Cheers.