Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W807A Applications

SOLVED
kaj174
Explorer

KDL-42W807A Applications

hi when i try to use the 'all applications' icon all i get is 'not available' i have the latest software installed and have tried a factory reset 3 times but still no luck.This has been happening for over a week.

i can connect to the internet via the tv

can anyone help with a solution?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kaj174
Explorer

seem to have found the problem

i am with sky and had my sky broadband shield set at the highest level by chance i disabled it and when i checked i could then access my applications on the tv

thanks anyway for your help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you are using a wireless connection to the TV, can you try an ethernet cable (at least for a test?)  Also, under the "Network Settings" there should be an option to "Refresh Internet Content" can you do that ?

Cheers

kaj174
Explorer

hi i have tried both with no success also tried switching router off still no joy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ok, let try another way :slight_smile:

Whilst using an ethernet cable (lets rule out wireless altogether at the moment)

1. Redo the network settings and this time choose "Manual"
  2. Give the TV a fixed IP address as well as subnet mask and DNS settings (which conforms to your network)
  3. Once done, do you get a "successful" message or anything?  Can you also "ping" that IP address from a computer by going to a command prompt and typing "ping 192.168.1.100"  (insert your own IP address instead)

The thing is, most applications are reliant on your TV being connected to the internet correctly for it to even display - thats why im going on the network side of things.

Cheers.

kaj174
Explorer

thanks for your reply but i am not very good technically i have found my ip address but havent a clue what 'subnet mask and DNS settings' means

i can connect to the internet via the television and use youtube

but when i looked into server display settings it says servers cannot be recognised dont know if that means anything

sorry but as i said i'm not technically savvy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry my fault :slight_smile:

If you press [Home] on the remote control, goto "Settings" > "Network" > "Network Set-up" > "View Network Settings and Status"  all the existing details are in their (also try clicking Check Connection)

Subnet Mask is usually : 255.255.255.0

DNS is usually : Your ISP router

Not sure why YouTube is working - but could be because its a dedicated built-in application, where as others require an full network connection to determine which country you are from (based on your external ip address).

If giving the TV manual network settings doesnt work - What happens when you press on "Check Connection" as instructions above?

Can you reboot your ISPs router again? (switch it off for 5 mins, switch it back on again)  Also what ISP are you with?

Fingers Crossed !

Cheers

EDIT : Ive just remembered reading something somewhere about this issue to be honest - If the above does not work, can you please confirm the exact firmware version you are on.  It should be in Settings > Product Support.  

Approx a week ago, you probably had a firmware update for the TV, did the problem start then?  After update I mean?

kaj174
Explorer

have triedyour suggestions but with no luck

i did have an update last week and it is PKG4.440EUA and yes the problem seems to have been since this update

have checked the internet connection and it said internet content is ready

also refreshed the router and my isp is sky

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the additional information - let me do some digging and ill get back to you.  More than likely it will be tomorrow.

We will get to the bottom of this :grin:

Cheers

kaj174
Explorer

seem to have found the problem

i am with sky and had my sky broadband shield set at the highest level by chance i disabled it and when i checked i could then access my applications on the tv

thanks anyway for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am glad that you have now got it all working.  I appologise for not getting back to you sooner - I just never recieved the information that I was hoping to get - and to be honest, forgot to chase it up.

Thank you for taking the time in posting back :thumbsup:

Cheers