Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46W905A - cannot find ASTRA 19.2 E channels

SOLVED

KDL-46W905A - cannot find ASTRA 19.2 E channels

I have tried to find the free german channels from ASTRA 19.2 E om my KDL-46W905A, but I have had no luck until now. Sony support does not know much (hardly anything about the subject), and I cannot find an answer on Google.

The setup is as follows:

C+ card inserted in the slot inthe back with a Boxer (DVB-T) card.

SAT cable connected to SAT receiver.

When I choose a full scanning, it finds channels in the satellite configuration, but none of the expected german ones (I see som Lithuanian channels and some Viasat channels).

Does anyone knows how I can make it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found the solution - no thanks to SONY support. They said it would not work.

But a clever guy at www.antennelageret.dk told med that when the satellite dish have more than one head and the TV supports DISEqC, it should work. I tried all the DISEqC options and found out that "D" worked. Suddently the ASTRA 19.2E satellite showed up, and I found more than 1000 channels.

Nice work (not you SONY support), and hail to www.antennelageret.dk!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I wouldnt expect Sony would know much about this im afraid, as its not Sony related.  Am I assuming that you are in the UK?

Voiceedit's post on the AV forums : HERE

"The German channels are on Astra 19.2 deg, the old Sky analogue sat. You'd need a modification to your dish arrangement to receive them, eg a movable dish, an additional dish plus LNB or a larger dish with two very carefully aligned LNBs."

Another interesting thread : HERE

And : HERE

Cheers

Found the solution - no thanks to SONY support. They said it would not work.

But a clever guy at www.antennelageret.dk told med that when the satellite dish have more than one head and the TV supports DISEqC, it should work. I tried all the DISEqC options and found out that "D" worked. Suddently the ASTRA 19.2E satellite showed up, and I found more than 1000 channels.

Nice work (not you SONY support), and hail to www.antennelageret.dk!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tjuuljensendk,
Welcome to the Sony User Community forum..
Glad you were able to find a solution to your problem & thanks for taking the time to share your findings..