Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-47W805A USB recordings show "subtitle off" on screen randomly

tinewnh64

KDL-47W805A USB recordings show "subtitle off" on screen randomly

KDL-47W805A USB recordings show "subtitle off" on screen message randomly. Very annoying. i+ button does not stop it appearing! Help!
50 REPLIES 50
macklij
Explorer

The issue of randon display of the 'subtitle: off' message remains on my KDL-32W654a with the latest firmware. Dissapointing.

tinewnh64

Problem still happening. Totally ruins the ability to record. Come on Sony!!
PaddyMcG
New

I've got a kdl42w653, and this has also started displaying "subtitle:off" randomly during HDD playback. Think it only started doing this after a recent firmware update. Getting very annoying.
mikie1
Explorer

Hi Pascale,
1) the issue we are talking about has nothing to do with networked applications as per Emily_F
2) from my post you can see that I am already on the latest firmware.

I am not sure why the TV also needs to let me know all the "info" available after every time I pause or fast forward/rewind as well.
eg "English HE-AAC ~speakers~" but I can live with that. It is the random "Subtitle: Off" that is getting increasingly annoying :slight_smile:

Looking forward to either an acknowledgement or a request for more info etc

Mike
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there mikie1,

This all sounds very frustrating. Have you tried contacting Sony Support about this? You can email them, or call 0844 8466 555

Please do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

PaddyMcG
New

I've tried contacting sony support via email. They sent me a very handy link telling me how to switch subtitles on and off in the menu. Obviously this has made absolutely no difference, as it was already set to "off". Waiting for another reply- hopefully the next one will be of more use.
tinewnh64

Getting worse!!!!! Therecordings are now failing on my Sandisk usb stick. Help!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there tinewnh64,

Please could you contact Sony Support with your issue? They will be able to advise you further.

Come back and let us know how you get on!

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

tinewnh64

Sony, in a word useless. Told me how to switch off subtitles.... I know!!! There is a software fault!!!!! They were no help. This is renders usb record useless as it is so annoying. HELP, come on people power, please add to this forum if you have the issue!
mikie1
Explorer

Hi Pascale,

I contacted sony customer support. Spoke to a nice guy who explained to me that it might have something to do with the subtitles part of the signal from the TV channel right up until I explained that it only happens on watching recorded TV,not live TV therefore it is an issue with the USB recording or playback system.

His suggestion at this point was to ask me to do a factory reset. I did this last night, reconfigured my picture and inet settings and recorded something...

still getting random "Subtitles: Off"

I guess that Sony's QA has not been rigorous with this subsystem or does Sony have a list of "approved" USB Hard drives that it has tested this feature using UK Freeview HD sources.

Presumably most people have a DVR supplied by their cable/sat companies so don't use this feature yet it seems that most of the people using their Bravia HD recording on this forum are experiencing this bug.

I will reopen this case tomorrow (I have a support call log number to do so) but would really appreciate some official feedback on whether Sony UK can reproduce this problem or do I need to RMA the TV coz that would be a PITA

mike