Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32W654 Ariel connection

SOLVED
jmutter
New

KDL32W654 Ariel connection

I'm thinking of purchasing a KDL32W654 TV but am confused as to what ariel input I need for the inbuilt freeview tuner. My flat is cabled for a SKY connection - i.e. it has a threaded F type connector on the wall, and  looking at the technical spec of the set - below - I'm not sure this would be supported, and that I would need a 'normal' ariel connection and not one to a dish. Can anyone confirm this is correct or that the dish connection is supportrd by the set.

Thanks

DVB-T (digital terrestrial)

YES

DVB-T2 (digital terrestrial)

YES

DVB-S (digital satellite)

-

DVB-S2 (digital satellite)

-

DVB-C (digital cable)

YES

CI+

YES

Analog

YES

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The F-Type connector is not supported on this TV. 

To get freeview you will need an freeview aerial (on the roof).  If you are absolutely sure that you do not have a normal aerial socket in your flat, you will probably need to purchase a freesat box as well.  Have a hunt around first though, as almost every place has an aerial (and socket)

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The F-Type connector is not supported on this TV. 

To get freeview you will need an freeview aerial (on the roof).  If you are absolutely sure that you do not have a normal aerial socket in your flat, you will probably need to purchase a freesat box as well.  Have a hunt around first though, as almost every place has an aerial (and socket)

Cheers

jmutter
New

Many thanks for the speedy reply. Confirmend what I thought / feared!!