Join now - be part of our community!

kdl50w829B wifi issue

nufclad147
Explorer

kdl50w829B wifi issue

MY TV has worked fine since bought in 2014 however since mid summer a repeatative  issue has arisen. When the tv has been in standby for any lengh of time say over night or when i have been out for a few hours once turned on the wifi will not connect. When hitting the home button to apps screen none of the apps load yet the wifi icon top right states connected. One has to go to network settings rescan wifi select my network. It can be hit and miss weather it finds any of the local networks, often it will not find any. In this instance I have to turn off tv count to 30 turn tv back on and when home button is selected the app icons load an tv is back to normal connected to my newtwork. Other occasions it finds local networks but reports unable to connect to router and again a quick turn off at mains to power tv down then back on solves the issue. For the most it will simply auto reconnect having been turned off at mains or if Im lucky rescanned networks using EASY option menu settings will connect again and  will work fine untill the tv has been placed in standby overnight or a great length of time. The tv has been factory reset multiple times to try rid the issue with no joy.

I have the lestest firmware dated april 2017 PKG3004EUA.

I dont see any other people suffering this issue so maybe can rule out a firmware glitch 

I bought the tv  from John Lewis who offerd 5 yr warrenty  would this wifi issue be an issue that would activate a repair or service under that warrently.

Thanks for any help concerning this issue.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi there,

It sounds like there might be a hardware issue with your TV, so I recommend getting in touch with Support so they can assist you with this (details here).

Cheers,
C