Join now - be part of our community!

kdl55 w805 _with ps3 with home cinema (about sound)

SOLVED
costasziros

kdl55 w805 _with ps3 with home cinema (about sound)

Please i want your opinions,

I have send the sound from ps3 with optical fiber cable to my home cinema (panasonic) and the ps3 with a 3D HDMI to my kdl 55 w805. So when i wacthing a movie from ps3 i have surround 5.1 to my home cinema via optical fiber cable.

Now i want to have the same surround when i watcing movies from TV, but i have only one optical in to my home cinema

How i can do it please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To be absolutely honest - I am totally confused on how you have set it up to trying to set it up, especially with optical spiltters etc?.  So, I have explained the following on the way it should be setup. 

You will need to connect it the following way:

• HDMI connection from PS3 to HDMI 1  on TV (change the settings on the PS3 to output sound via HDMI)
  • SCART connection from TV to HT-540

SCART technically does support 5.1 surround sound, but most devices do not utilize this.  The most likely answer is that you will only get 2 channel from this system.

The screenshots from the manual below support/explain this

540A.png

540B.jpg

To be honest, the Home Cinema System (HT-540) is a little dated now (almost 7 years I believe - 2007?).  You might want to consider replacing it, if you want surround sound outputted from TV or connected devices.  Sony have some excellent systems : HERE that are worth considering (if budget is available)

Cheers

View solution in original post

costasziros

Thanks you very very much!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What model Home Cinema System do you have? 

I would have thought you would connect it up as follows:

• HDMI from PS3 to TV
  • Optical from TV to Home Cinema System (assuming that the system does not support HDMI ARC)

Cheers

costasziros

Dear Quinnicus, thanks for your answer.  I have the Panasonic 5.1 SC-HT540 home cinema.

You have right, it haven't HDMI ARC, and i have also the following connects:

1) one 3d HDMI from ps3 to home cinema..for the picture high definition

2) one optical from ps3 to home cinema ..for the surround 5.1

I haven't any optical to my home cinema and i havent any HDMI too.

I try to connect an optical audio splitter (two ways)...from TV to splitter - from ps3 to splitter and both of them from splitter to home cinema, but is no working.

My solution may be is to connect the sound from ps3 to home cinema via HDMI  (i have already for the picture) and the TV to home cinema via optical,  but i don't know if i have the same very good surrund at the moovies from ps3 to home cinema if i use HDMI.

thanks for your answer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To be absolutely honest - I am totally confused on how you have set it up to trying to set it up, especially with optical spiltters etc?.  So, I have explained the following on the way it should be setup. 

You will need to connect it the following way:

• HDMI connection from PS3 to HDMI 1  on TV (change the settings on the PS3 to output sound via HDMI)
  • SCART connection from TV to HT-540

SCART technically does support 5.1 surround sound, but most devices do not utilize this.  The most likely answer is that you will only get 2 channel from this system.

The screenshots from the manual below support/explain this

540A.png

540B.jpg

To be honest, the Home Cinema System (HT-540) is a little dated now (almost 7 years I believe - 2007?).  You might want to consider replacing it, if you want surround sound outputted from TV or connected devices.  Sony have some excellent systems : HERE that are worth considering (if budget is available)

Cheers

costasziros

Thanks you very very much!