Join now - be part of our community!

Media List Refresh

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jimilikesjuice
Visitor

Media List Refresh

Hi

I've just bought a KDL32CX523BU, I have the TV hard wired into my network. When I place media files onto my NAS, the TV doesn't see them immediately...they can take up to a day to show up? Is there a refresh button on the bravia I'm missing somewhere?

I don't really understand why it doesn't see the files immediately...Every other device attached to my network does and the TV can play the files as I've put them on a USB and they appeared straight away.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

p.s Sony - can you make this forum Chrome friendly...I don't appreciate having to use IE/Firefox to post!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

I have the same TV and NAS (I also use Chrome which works fine here!) and I have the same problem.

1. Log on to the NAS Control Panel and click on the Extensions tab.
  2. Click on the MediaServer submenu.
  3. You should have a Refresh Interval option. Mine is currently set to 60, but you may want to decrease this if you use the NAS a lot for watching stuff.
  4. You can change this and this should alter the time that the NAS sends out a message to the TV to say that there have been changes to the files.
  5. You can also select the Refresh now option if you don't want to wait.

I tried this in the past and it seemed to work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Thats strange - the TV is pretty simple and will just sees whats on the NAS tells it to see. Does this happen with all media or just some. On my NAS it displays it straight away, so check and see if there are any suitable updates for your device also.

cheers

jimilikesjuice
Visitor

Thanks for your reply Catmambo

I'm confused as well, I've got the latest firmware on my NAS & TV.

It's really weird, I tried moving files around that I knew that played to a new directory on the NAS - The directory hasn't even been picked up by the TV. Can't see it at all...in fact, even if I create a directory with no data in it...The TV still can't see it, moving data to new directories makes the file disappear completely.

I've tried a hard reset on the NAS & the TV...still nothing, not really sure what else there is I can do.

NAS is a Buffallo Linkstation btw.

drhowells
New

I have the same TV and NAS (I also use Chrome which works fine here!) and I have the same problem.

1. Log on to the NAS Control Panel and click on the Extensions tab.
  2. Click on the MediaServer submenu.
  3. You should have a Refresh Interval option. Mine is currently set to 60, but you may want to decrease this if you use the NAS a lot for watching stuff.
  4. You can change this and this should alter the time that the NAS sends out a message to the TV to say that there have been changes to the files.
  5. You can also select the Refresh now option if you don't want to wait.

I tried this in the past and it seemed to work.

jimilikesjuice
Visitor

Lovely stuff Dr Howells. That worked great, cheers :slight_smile:

edit: re: Chrome - I'm running the beta, maybe that's the issue...Nevermind, I always have a copy of FF on hand for such issues

Message was edited by: jimilikesjuice

Message was edited by: jimilikesjuice