Join now - be part of our community!

My CRT TV has flashing 'standby indicator' and will not switch on.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
esordivad
Visitor

My CRT TV has flashing 'standby indicator' and will not switch on.

My CRT TV is model KV-32FQ75U which has stoped working. The 'standby indicator' is flashing. The manual states to contact the nearest Sony service centre; unfortunately there is'nt one. The TV is very heavy and on the first floor so is impractical to move unless dumping it.

Is there anyone who has experienced this problem, and managed to resolve it?.

My next move will be to remove the casing and assertain if there is a fuse inside which has blown unless I am advised that I am wasting my time.

Please help.

Regards Dave.

Note :

Message was edited by: esordivad

Message was edited by: esordivad

Tried twice to enter that the topics do not cover CRT TV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you acertain how many time that the standby indicator is flashing, then use google to search for Sony Blink Codes. Sometimes you may be able to find the cause this way. Unfortunately, CRT's have become un-economical to fix. Even if you did figure out whats wrong with it, getting the parts required would be a great challenge.

I would NOT advise you open up the CRT case unless you know what you are doing. I remember quite clearly getting a pretty nasty boot of electricity, when I opened up my CRT monitor when I was 14 (oh they were the days!)

Personally, money prevails, I would look at this as an opportunity to upgrade to a new LED Smart TV. They have so many features these days. I recommended my mum upgrade, she did in the end. I had all the "YouTube, why would I want that?". On purchasing a wireless dongle for her TV, shes never off YouTube now.

If money is tight, there are many cheaper TV's in charity shops and various other second hand places.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you acertain how many time that the standby indicator is flashing, then use google to search for Sony Blink Codes. Sometimes you may be able to find the cause this way. Unfortunately, CRT's have become un-economical to fix. Even if you did figure out whats wrong with it, getting the parts required would be a great challenge.

I would NOT advise you open up the CRT case unless you know what you are doing. I remember quite clearly getting a pretty nasty boot of electricity, when I opened up my CRT monitor when I was 14 (oh they were the days!)

Personally, money prevails, I would look at this as an opportunity to upgrade to a new LED Smart TV. They have so many features these days. I recommended my mum upgrade, she did in the end. I had all the "YouTube, why would I want that?". On purchasing a wireless dongle for her TV, shes never off YouTube now.

If money is tight, there are many cheaper TV's in charity shops and various other second hand places.

Cheers