Join now - be part of our community!

My DVD Player is locked....

SOLVED
CeeJayH
Explorer

My DVD Player is locked....

I have a  Sony DVD Player (DVP-SR750H) which has locked itself.  It has an error message t-LHh and we have not been able to find out how to unlock it.  Has anyone come across this and do you have any clue how to get rid of it?

Any help gratefully received as my children have new DVDs for Christmas and are not able to watch them!

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CeeJayH
Explorer

Just thought I would let you know that I contacted Sony Customer Services and got the following reply - unfortunately I am out of guarantee so it looks as if I will be buying a new one.

We are sorry that the tray of your DVP-SR750H shows “T-Lock”

This error requires service. Please discuss your replacement options with your retailer as the product that you have referred to is what Sony describe as an 'IWX' product. This term describes a product that is not economic to repair if it fails, and is therefore classified as an 'in warranty exchange' item during the one year guarantee period.

In the event that an IWX product fails during the guarantee, it must be returned to the supplying retailer for examination/exchange.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If the following is the error message you see?  If so.....It might be cheaper for a new DVD/Bluray Player - But best give contact Sony Support first: HERE

Lock1.jpg

However if its this one, this may be fixable as its just a child-lock

Lock2.jpg

Lock3.jpg

Cheers

CeeJayH
Explorer

Thank you.  The screen just says 'LOCKED' but the DVD player itself says t-LCK.  I had already tried the Child Lock instructions and it has not had any effect.  Any other thoughts?  If not, I guess I will need to take it to a shop to repair.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

My advice is that if you are going to take it to the shop for repair, do so!

On saying that, I "may" have found a fix, however it "may" also make things worse (or that it may not even fix the issue) !!! 

So thats the problem, Im not confident enought to post it.  However, if you are going to replace the DVD player, it wouldnt hurt to try it first.  So, its your call :slight_smile:

Cheers

CeeJayH
Explorer

I am intrigued... I would love to know your solution. If I can fix it myself that would be ideal.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok - I found the following in a manual for the Brazillian model of the DVP-SR700HP.  Which looks like this:

Lock6.jpg

Lock4.jpg

Lock5.jpg

On copying/pasting the text into Google Translate, I get the following:

1. Connect the TV Unit
  2. In STANDBY mode, press the following keys in sequence on Remote Control:  TOP MENU > CLEAR > POWER
  3. Press a button : 4
  4. Press the buttons : MENU > CLEAR
  5. Disconnect Appliance (which I guess means just unplugging the power)

Then I guess test if it works.

That is everything that I could find, that relates to this error you have.

Once again - it MAY work, or it MAY NOT.  It also MAY make things worse - basically what im saying is that its up to you :slight_smile:

Good luck with everything.

CeeJayH
Explorer

It is still stubbornly refusing to open!  Thank you for all your help.  I think I will have to find out how much it is to repair and decide whether it is worth doing!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats such a shame.  Good luck with everything anyhow.

CeeJayH
Explorer

Just thought I would let you know that I contacted Sony Customer Services and got the following reply - unfortunately I am out of guarantee so it looks as if I will be buying a new one.

We are sorry that the tray of your DVP-SR750H shows “T-Lock”

This error requires service. Please discuss your replacement options with your retailer as the product that you have referred to is what Sony describe as an 'IWX' product. This term describes a product that is not economic to repair if it fails, and is therefore classified as an 'in warranty exchange' item during the one year guarantee period.

In the event that an IWX product fails during the guarantee, it must be returned to the supplying retailer for examination/exchange.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the update.  If you think about it though, you can purchase a Bluray player for less £50 (BDP-S1100), so....