Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
aratheb
Explorer

tried everything!
Called BT
Called Netflix
Followed all help guides
followed all solutions
Nothing.
Then a year later, we figured the problem out after buying a TV which uses another server and by coincidence and luck -we figured why our netflix button was not working giving errorsnw-2 and what not!
You have to unfortunately delete all parental controls and web protection on your BT account. (Log in, go to " your extras' and deactivate-from a PC!)It can take up to 24 hrs for this to deactivate .Then the netflix button works excellently!

niced88
New

i bought a internet median player to privious user online and i cant able to registered it 

profile.country.GB.title
zishu23
Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @zishu23

I have noticed you have posted a 'blank' post - is there something that this forum can assist you with?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Del789
New

I have same problem but I've never had parent enable and problem just start after having and watching Netflix for over a year,  everything else works n the TVs i.e. YouTube and other online service, I also have an Amazon stick working fine, Netflix also works on my other Samsung tv

profile.country.GB.title
juhowar74
Explorer

After a failed attempt with Netflix chat support I finally figured out the problem myself.  My issue was close to this, but Netflix kept rate selecting 4K HDR down to a broken 240p stream (with about sixteen screwed up blocks on screen).  The NetFlix connection tests all passed.  The link said it was fine (50Mb/s).  I event rebooted my BT home hub 6.

So the solution was both annoyingly simple and unpublished.

For Sony Android TVs you basically need to nuke Netflix in the Settings.  Go to Settings, into the Apps and track right until you find NetFlix.  Uninstall all the updates and clear all the settings and caches.

When you start Netflix again you'll need to log in, but this instantly fixed my long standing 4K HDR problem.  I got wise to it as when I clicked on the NetFlix Storage option in Settings it said I was out of storage (it had used 96KB where there was GBs free).

Lesson learnt.  And yet again, never contact tech support.  They're useless.

My take on this problem is that subsequent updates pushed out by NetFlix for the app result in old data getting corrupted and then this adversely effects how it works.

profile.country.GB.title
kroenen
New

Thanks for this solution. Netflix was really sluggish on updated version of app. After going back to factory version everything starter working smooth.

KylieSlater266XY
Explorer

i tried this steps and seems that doesn't work for me... the troubleshooting that i did and follow is on this website https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/netflix-error-code-nw-2-5/... by doing Solution 2. Check Network Hardware..
Solution 5. Reinstall Netflix

profile.country.GB.title
VirginiaWright530NC
Explorer

Regardless of where the error occurs, the first step in resolving it is to restart the device. When reconnected, the console, Bluray player or smart TV can connect properly to the network and automatically regain access to Netflix.
Check the Error code-nw-3-6 is fixed if it’s not then going the next method.
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/netflix-error-code-nw-3-6/
Solution 5. For Smart TV Set IP address to static