Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

@krs360 

Hi there

I probably should have checked this first, but it appears that there is a known issue on the WD6 range and is currently under investigation.  However the information I have is that these IPTV services dont work at all - no mention of it crashing the TV (or force rebooting)

Symptom:

The symptom occurs after an IPTV service has been used (such as YouTube or Netflix), and a customer wants to switch to BBC iPlayer or an HbbTV service afterwards. The BBC iPlayer / HbbTV service cannot be launched in this case.

Work-around?

A possible work-around is to unplug the AC power and launch the BBC iPlayer / HbbTV service without launching any IPTV services first.

Im going to highlight this back to Sony as the TV appears to reboot in your case.

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

I came across this thread looking for ways to get apps including Netflix working again and I know it's an old thread.  I have a 55XD9305 which worked fine until yesterday.  Suddenly on a wired lan connection and stable 51Mbps internet the pre-installled apps like Netflix won't open or start, play for ten seconds then spend twenty seconds or so buffering ad nauseam.  I've narrowed it down to the TV because the internet is OK, other devices work with the internet - even my Sony BluRay can stream Netflix - but not the TV.  

As Netflix is an integral part (pre-installed, dedicated button) part of the TV I'm worried it might indicate a problem with the TV.   If that sounds an over-reaction our 2015 Sony 4K never worked properly so Sony refunded us.  We bought a 2016 model thinking the bugs would be sorted but that TV died completely after six months.  The retailer replaced it with this one which has this problem after only three weeks.

Any ideas about what's going on gratefully received!  Or do I give up entirety on Sony?  I'm reluctant to reject this set unless I have to as the 4K panel is great.

profile.country.GB.title
martinb666
Explorer

Did you click on 'refresh internet content' ? Now and again I need to do
that on my hard wired network.

I also find the inbuilt WiFi randomly turns itself on so perhaps this has
priority over wired and if it's not set up would leave you not connecting.

Also now and again mine won't go on the internet unless I give it a power
cycle ie pull the plug out

Other than that my 4K Sony TV works flawlessly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lgcebr

As a new firmware was released today, can you please update your TV - see HERE.

Once done, can you do a factory reset of your TV too, this can clear many issues.  see HERE for instructions.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

Thanks installed the new firmware and Netflix now works.  I have to say the Sony Tech Support centre in Cairo has improved immensely and give credit to them for their assistance as well as Quinnicus.

Only problem is that now since the update Sky Q can't see my TV as a 4K TV!  

mcgarcia
New

I have a Sony Internet TV model NSX-32GT132 I have the Netflix app and was working well until November. I did not used the app in the month of December but now that I am trying to connect to Netflix but it saids is unable to connect me and advise to contact Netflix. I contacted Netflix and my account is active, I do have internet connection as I can use Goggle. However once I am in the page the keypad is not working.  So I assume I have several problems. Can some one in Sony help me!!

Thanks!!!

Maricarmen 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mcgarcia

What country are you located in?  Also the model number is just NSX-32GT1 

Have you tried removing the device from your netflix account?

Cheers

aratheb
Explorer

I tried everything!

Called BT

Called Netflix

Followed all help guides

followed all solutions

Nothing.

Then a year later, we figured the problem out after buying a TV which uses another server and by coincidence and luck -we figured why our netflix button was not working giving errorsnw-2 and what not!

You have to unfortunately delete all parental controls and web protection on your BT account. (Log in, go to " your extras' and deactivate-from a PC!)It can take up to 24 hrs for this to deactivate .Then the netflix button works excellently!

aratheb
Explorer

I tried everything!

Called BT

Called Netflix

Followed all help guides

followed all solutions

Nothing.

Then a year later, we figured the problem out after buying a TV which uses another server and by coincidence and luck -we figured why our netflix button was not working giving errorsnw-2 and what not!

You have to unfortunately delete all parental controls and web protection on your BT account. (Log in, go to " your extras' and deactivate-from a PC!)It can take up to 24 hrs for this to deactivate .Then the netflix button works excellently!

aratheb
Explorer

tried everything!
Called BT
Called Netflix
Followed all help guides
followed all solutions
Nothing.